Windows 7 - Better or Worse? Your oppinions please?!?

xexes255

Reaction score
I'm going to have to say about the same.

I love 7's eyecandy.
I had Beta on my computer and had a few odd driver issues - but then switching to 7 Professional, with the OS just a few hours old I noticed Professional is SLOWER than my Beta !

If 7 persists on being slow I will switch back to XP and install some pretty skins instead.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Still coming across printer driver issues, or rather lack of printer drivers all together for Win 7. Lots of unhappy customers who bought Dell bundles with Wi-Fi enabled HP printers are having connection problems.

But the root problem I have personally is the 'bloat' factor. I can browse the web, rip & burn CD/DVD, create web pages & office related documents etc with an operating system that takes up just 100MB of Ram, so what is microsoft doing with a minimum requirement of 2 Gig?

Zangetsu

Reaction score
now that i have windows 7 installed i dont want to get rid of it. i will never go back to xp not not even if they make a windows 7 theme for it (which probably already exists) win7 has just to many new features to go into right now but i really honestly like the network mapping and the earo interface

oh and its better then vista!

hackking

Reaction score
window 7 is better then xp,
reson 1 - all drivers are install
reson 2 - better grapics
reson 3 - user friendly
reson 4 - very smoth

redbud

Reaction score
I have VISTA on my laptop and it is a memory hog. Sounds like Windows 7 would be better. Is anyone running it on a laptop?

mavr1c

Reaction score
I have Windows 7 and think its GREAT (about 100 times better than Vista ever was or could be)!
MUCH Faster
More user friendly
I still run XP (and Vista) as well because of some apps that will not run on Vista or Windows 7 .
I would not hesiate recommending Win7 to anyone and I (based on personal experience) recommended to everyone to stay clear of Vista. I have not experince any of the driver issues some have posted here.

edyel190

Reaction score
Windows 7 is much better than Vista, Faster, Improved, nicer, not having so troubleshoot, I just love my 7.

Luffus

Reaction score
I'm usin win 7 and i only can say that it's the best option that i chose

it's fast
it's Elegant
it's Stable

Win XP and Vista died for me :D xD

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Much better! It is like what vista should have been. I think the main difference for me is that they put a lot more work on the interface. I don't mean the pretty colors, but the usability and convenience. In general, everything is more accessible and easier to find. Also the work they did on utilities like the calculator and paint makes things much easier. It is more stable. Vista I liked because I never ran into problems. I was always conscious of what software I put on my computer, and I always took care of the registry and junk files. With windows seven, you don't notice much slow down as the computer ages. When you don't clean the registry for a week, you don't have to hold your breath. I also find it much faster, and it does not freeze up as often. When a window is loading, you can be sure it is loading. Not once have I had to restart explorer since I got windows 7!!!

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Much better! It is like what vista should have been. I think the main difference for me is that they put a lot more work on the interface. I don't mean the pretty colors, but the usability and convenience. In general, everything is more accessible and easier to find. Also the work they did on utilities like the calculator and paint makes things much easier. It is more stable. Vista I liked because I never ran into problems. I was always conscious of what software I put on my computer, and I always took care of the registry and junk files. With windows seven, you don't notice much slow down as the computer ages. When you don't clean the registry for a week, you don't have to hold your breath. I also find it much faster, and it does not freeze up as often. When a window is loading, you can be sure it is loading. Not once have I had to restart explorer since I got windows 7!!!
It had been a long time since M$ had made a good, working and enjoyable program. Let's give them kudos for se7en though.