Account Availability

sx20is

Reaction score
I have a suggestion - when a user posts a polite request for assistance via a properly placed support request I suggest that he should receive a polite explanation as to why his account is no longer available and assistance from the staff to resolve the problem. I suggest that ignoring his service request and closing it out is not an approach that this hosting company should adopt.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I have a suggestion - when a user posts a polite request for assistance via a properly placed support request I suggest that he should receive a polite explanation as to why his account is no longer available and assistance from the staff to resolve the problem. I suggest that ignoring his service request and closing it out is not an approach that this hosting company should adopt.

We are currently handling more than 50000 free users, a lot of support request are there in free Hosting section. We try our best to provide support to every user, but somehow if we miss someone then please don`t think we are ignoring you, just wait 48 hours without reply and then create a new thread.

Closing support thread is already explained there http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-h...on-must-read-before-posting-2.html#post658853 . You should read that, Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks for using x10Hosting.

Last edited:

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
Also, ~99% of account closures are due to failure to comply with the ToS, which more often happens due to not having read the ToS than just having forgotten one of the finer points. In a case like that, there's little motivation for either the community or staff members dealing with account closures to give more than a quick explanation.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Note that the thread will appear closed for anyone but the OP and staff if it was escalated into a support ticket. Further assistance is then handled privately between staff and the user in question.

Also i know that Corey, the big man, did close all support threads a while back since most of the issues after migrations would then be sorted.

He made an announcement with information about that when he did so.

Admittedly, during this whole turbulence of migration and all there is probably some users that were overlooked. We did move the entire operation, including all backend system which did cause a bit of chaos for us in staff as well. This is not an excuse for not providing support though, but an explanation as to why some might have been overlooked.

I am sorry if all this did cause an inconvenience for anyone.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We are currently handling more than 50000 free users, a lot of support request are there in free Hosting section. We try our best to provide support to every user, but somehow if we miss someone then please don`t think we are ignoring you, just wait 48 hours without reply and then create a new thread.

Closing support thread is already explained there http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-h...on-must-read-before-posting-2.html#post658853 . You should read that, Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks for using x10Hosting.
Don't advice them to start a new thread, bumping is better. Also 24 hours would seem like a reasonable bump time to me.