VPN's

ipswitch8259

Reaction score
Did anyone of you tried PacketiX VPN? Iv'e installed PacketiX VPN 2.0 and already created my virtual hub on the server. Iv'e already connected my PacketiX VPN Client Manager and PacketiX VPN Server Manager to my virtual hub, but still my ip address did not change. My ip address is suppose to be from ISP in Japan but when I check from google, it is the same as the original/old one.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
generally with a VPN you either need to set your applications to use some form of sock connection(probably not used for VPNs as much) or set up a route through the interface the VPN software creates(I have never used PacketiX so i don't know how it works)

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Also, google uses cookies to save your location, so even if you would change your IP to one in another country it would show the old one if you visited it before. It's better to test with http://ip-adress.com

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Also, google uses cookies to save your location, so even if you would change your IP to one in another country it would show the old one if you visited it before. It's better to test with http://ip-adress.com

What? Who said anything about Google? :/

•confused•

ipswitch8259

Reaction score
I installed their free PacketiX VPN 2.0 and supposedly working now cause I'm already connected to my virtual hub in their server based in japan, but I guess their free experiment for free vpn has already finished.. :biggrin: I uninstalled it already.. I'll just try to find again another free vpn's that I could use.. cause my location now is really very strict.. the government has blocked almost all of the sites! lol.. Thanks for the reply guys..