PRime vs. Free Membership

roby718

Reaction score
List every reason I should, and shouldn't get a prime member ship for 4.95/yr

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Every dollar you spend improves Brandon's chance of getting a decent haircut.
image.php

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Prime membership has many benefits:

Being a prime member gives you access to the special prime members forum which are not visible to regular members. Prime also removes the forum login rule, so you will not get suspended for not logging into these forums at least once a month.

Prime accounts also have doubled the amount of resources provided to regular free accounts on our standard adfree-infinity plan, including allowed memory usage.

Prime also gives you a green-blue username on the forums as well as a nice Prime Member badge.

The only problem is the fact that (obviously) it isn't free.

gs.rao7537

Reaction score
fir indians it is hard to buy prime membership with paypal why cnt adding another payment gateway like ccavenue why because my debit card is maestro currus .

henk506673

Reaction score
what you should do is skip prime and move to illuminated for 6.95 a month, i know it is more but it is worth it. first, you are moved to a server with 1/3 less people and you get more mysql data bases and more domains.

remy87x18

Reaction score
Hm, 4.95 a year is pretty good. Let me see how my 1st free year works before I start thinking about moving to Prime.

This is my 3rd day as a newbie. On my second day, I switched from domain .elementfx (which worked fine) to .co.cc (for short url purpose) and now 24 hours had passed and my domain is not working yet. Let's see how the 48hrs goes.....hm.....this doesn't look good for me to switch to Prime, LOL.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
what you should do is skip prime and move to illuminated for 6.95 a month, i know it is more but it is worth it. first, you are moved to a server with 1/3 less people and you get more mysql data bases and more domains.

Illuminated is actually 1 dollar a month (paid for 5 years making it $60). Illuminated is basically Prime membership, except your account is on a much faster server with fewer users and because its a separate server, it does support some features previously removed from free such as ASP.NET (through Mono).

Or you can think of it like premium hosting but without unlimited subdomains, databases, etc... and cheaper.

Hm, 4.95 a year is pretty good. Let me see how my 1st free year works before I start thinking about moving to Prime.

This is my 3rd day as a newbie. On my second day, I switched from domain .elementfx (which worked fine) to .co.cc (for short url purpose) and now 24 hours had passed and my domain is not working yet. Let's see how the 48hrs goes.....hm.....this doesn't look good for me to switch to Prime, LOL.

(Sorry for putting this into a Crossfire thread, but this is to respond to the previous message)

Next time, please do not post support requests in Crossfire threads. Use the Free Hosting forum.

It doesn't appear you have registered your Co.cc domain. Its showing up as available. Did you register the domain at http://www.co.cc and then point them to us with the nameservers:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

The option for co.cc is provided as a convenience, but it is a third party service and you must register the domain with the third party before you can use it.

Register at http://www.co.cc/

Last edited:

remy87x18

Reaction score
Many thanks TechAirlines for the info! I just wish x10hosting would've told me or send me a notification regarding this matter when they updated my domain from the control panel. Here's I was just waiting and waiting!

Also, I just noticed from CO.CC, when I type certain name it's free e.g. my domain name. But when I type remy.co.cc it wanted to charge me $6? Why?

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Hey, my site works now! Many thanks TechAirlines! But what do I do with these questions, do I ignore them?

- Zone Record

- CNAME
- A
- MX
- NS
- TXT
- URL Forwarding

So far, I'm just disregarding them even though my site is working fine.