Review my 1 of a type site, the only of its kind on the whole net?

fflandrath53

Reaction score
Dear puurchoco47,
Very cool concept, content rich and no technical problems on my Opera browser that I noticed.
However, I am a bit confused about your specific role in relation to the site's creation, ownership and admin. You claim to have built the site from "nothing" yet it appears to be a standard blog template. Is that correct? You also imply that you are the owner/creator and you may well be, just going under an alias on this board. Yet, to clarify please provide us with your real name. Are you Max Pen or the listed Co-Partner (Admin) Chris Mufasa? Perhaps you are actually a member of the staff listed on that page? If so please clarify. As the famous catch phrase goes, "Enquiring minds want to know."
All the best...
Floyd

Darkmere

Reaction score
Dear puurchoco47,
However, I am a bit confused about your specific role in relation to the site's creation, ownership and admin. You claim to have built the site from "nothing" yet it appears to be a standard blog template. Is that correct?
Floyd

I do believe it is ... look at the meta data area of the site. Says copyright Yoast WordPress http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I do like the idea alot but felt slightly cheated there was no audio or video content.
From experience I would say that visitors are lazy and would rather watch or listen
than read and scroll through a long page.

learning_brain

Reaction score
As Darkmere points out, the CMS is Wordpress and SEO optimised by Yoast. Click through the css and you'll find....

/*
Theme Name: SleekBlue
Theme URI: http://patricksweb.info
Description: IY
Version: 1.0
Author: Patricks Web
Author URI: http://patricksweb.info
Tags: fixed width, three columns, valid XHTML, widgets, blue colors, drop-down menu in navbar,
*/

/* begin Page */
/* Created by Artisteer v3.0.0.39952 */

Nice site but.... standard blog template.

To be frank, this site deserves so much more. As pointed out, the content is good (perhaps a little too word heavy), but I see so many layouts like this that I begin to switch off when I see one.

The problem that you will have is that because you have started with a fairly complex CMS, you'll find it difficult to make it look anything other than templated.

Good luck.

Rich

puurchoco47

Reaction score
Dear puurchoco47,
Very cool concept, content rich and no technical problems on my Opera browser that I noticed.
However, I am a bit confused about your specific role in relation to the site's creation, ownership and admin. You claim to have built the site from "nothing" yet it appears to be a standard blog template. Is that correct? You also imply that you are the owner/creator and you may well be, just going under an alias on this board. Yet, to clarify please provide us with your real name. Are you Max Pen or the listed Co-Partner (Admin) Chris Mufasa? Perhaps you are actually a member of the staff listed on that page? If so please clarify. As the famous catch phrase goes, "Enquiring minds want to know."
All the best...
Floyd

I'm the owner and founder Max Pen. And with what I mean from nothing is when you install a wordpress site and visit it its nothing. After many months it can become something regardless of its template being free or paid or custom made by you. Because the template is jus the presentation of something and how easy it is to navigate it.

The idea-concept + content are important + having exposure so people check out your content

I do like the idea alot but felt slightly cheated there was no audio or video content.
From experience I would say that visitors are lazy and would rather watch or listen
than read and scroll through a long page.

We feel not ready to provide video and audio interviews.

As Darkmere points out, the CMS is Wordpress and SEO optimised by Yoast. Click through the css and you'll find....

Yes it is, I don't see why that is a problem.

To be frank, this site deserves so much more.

You are correct it deserves alot more but how? I feel to be the only one doing something on the project. All of my staff or most are inactive or ... well it just sucks.

Its also very hard finding interviewers.

Last edited:

Darkmere

Reaction score
Yes it is, I don't see why that is a problem.

They said this because you made the comment that you made the site from nothing which states basically that you built it from scratch which would be a false statement, that is all.

fflandrath53

Reaction score
I'm the owner and founder Max Pen. And with what I mean from nothing is when you install a wordpress site and visit it its nothing. After many months it can become something regardless of its template being free or paid or custom made by you. Because the template is jus the presentation of something and how easy it is to navigate it. ... Yes it is, I don't see why that is a problem.

Dear Max,
It's not a problem, I was just seeking clarification. You have a good concept and you are essentially right that the platform is secondary.

You are correct it deserves alot more but how? I feel to be the only one doing something on the project. All of my staff or most are inactive or ... well it just sucks. Its also very hard finding interviewers.

Consider it a learning experience. Are your "staff" paid or have some ownership share? If they are volunteers you have to accept that their time and effort are a gift and appreciate what-ever they are willing to contribute to the project. Perhaps some outreach to local schools might recruit some journalism students/teachers, internships? I'm just brain-storming. Don't get discouraged, you have a wonderful concept that will evolve overtime, and probably a lot of blood, sweat and tears...
Best wishes.
Floyd

deltagamer

Reaction score
hmmmm I really like the idea, but the design could use a little work. Just making all of the images a little more professional would go a long way. The lay out is great!

iearn.tk54

Reaction score
good idea on interview make it famous as it is new idea......can earn a lot from the site :)