Help my laptop with windows 7 hang up? freeze or what?

intelran94

Reaction score
Hi,

Some one help me on my problem, because I encounter randomly hang ups/freeze of the display, but my mouse cursor I can see at my monitor still working, when I press the capslock and numlock button the light still working.

Yesterday im watching movie on my laptop and it hang/freeze up again, The sounds of the movie that I watching is still playing (No hang/freeze sounds). but I can see on my monitor it's hang/freeze up.

Last Day I got the same problem again, the display has been hang/freeze up but the mouse and the operating system is still working, I try to Shut down the computer using Startmenu -> shut down even My screen hang/freeze up (because my mouse cursor still working), after 7minutes my laptop got shut down.

Anyone have any idea regarding with this problem?

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds like a lack of memory, have you got many background programs sitting in the toolbar like this?
ss-crowded.jpg

intelran94

Reaction score
Sounds like a lack of memory, have you got many background programs sitting in the toolbar like this?
ss-crowded.jpg

No, there is no problem with the ram because even there is no running application in my laptop I will get the same problem again

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
No, there is no problem with the ram because even there is no running application in my laptop I will get the same problem again

Just because you can't *see* the applications doesn't mean they're not there.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
There could be all sorts of causes; there isn't nearly enough information to diagnose. Bad RAM or hard drive sectors could cause data corruption, though I'd suspect the former would affect mouse tracking as well (only a suspicion, not something to take to heart). Running memory (such as memtest 86+) and disk check utilities would tell you more. The CPU could be overheating (though this too should affect the mouse cursor, unless it's handled by the graphics card); a program like speedfan can help tell you. If it's a runaway process (or processes), use process explorer or the built-in task manager to find out how much processor time and memory each process is using. Recently installed hardware or software could be causing conflict. Overclocking can cause system instability. Video driver bugs could be the root, in which case upgrading or downgrading could provide a fix. The computer could be infected with malware. The registry could be corrupted, which could be fixed with a system restore (which could also make things worse) or a 3rd party registry repair tool, of which there are many.

There just isn't enough information to say what course to take.

Last edited: