My web site header

Which one do you like

• the larger one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vintage7

Reaction score
Almost finished with my new header. I want to add some more toys maybe a doll carriage, some building blocks etc not to many more don't want to make it look to heavy. I thinking about making the name smaller to make it look in the distance drawing the eye there. I did the work so I can upload it here to see the difference. I think I like the smaller one cause I can put some pictures(maybe) on the wall and it does make the room look bigger. Vintage is a little off center. toyheaderdistance.jpg
toyheader.jpg

Added he blocks and wiped out the white in the bear's foot, hand and ear.
toyheader.jpg

Last edited:

alienoutcast

Reaction score
I would really not go with the pink on green colors. Especially as you are doing a vintage theme. I think you should play around with keeping the room and title in black and white and having the colors only in the toys.

nkranx10

Reaction score
I don't mind the purple on green but maybe the letters should have black crisp edges with color middle?

well while your talking about design can you critic mine please http://www.nkran.net its a codeigniter application; mainly to learn it.Design isn't my strongest skill

vintage7

Reaction score
sampletoybanner.jpg

Thanks for the replies as I was messing around with the black and white suggestion I started thinking since toys are related to Christmas I went with a red font plus green and red are complementary colors on the color wheel. I threw in a Christmas tree and a turkey plus I want to put in a train set right under vintage toy advertisements. I want to make a train tunnel coming out of the wall but it looked to busy.

If I find time I want to animated it making the baby walk over to the blocks putting her hand on them, making the teddy bear do a little dance, make the train go by on the train and maybe have the plane fly by or the truck rolling by with the paper falling off the truck. The vintage looks a little bright.

The black and white looked to much like a hospital still messing around with it cause I'm starting to not like the 3d font the angle looks wrong maybe it needs something sitting on it like a raggedy Ann doll (not enough room on top). My facebook cover is a lot bigger so I can do a lot more things to it.
I will look at your site but getting a little busy now have to do a lot of running around.

Thanks again.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As for the 3d effect I'd go for a view more from front, with half sorta being left 3d and the other half right 3d if you understand what I mean. As if you look at the 3d text more or less straight on so the perspective matches the room feel of the header in large.

vintage7

Reaction score
exactly what I was thinking the room is going one way and the font is going another way it's been bother me and I never found the time to go into illustrator to finish it. I think I'm going to put a window next to the bear with a snowy scene but not to much details. I don't like the top or the plane to gray for the scene. The font still looks to big to me. It's coming together.

vintage7

Reaction score
Here's the black and white just in case you wanted to see it. I would have to make it off white so it doesn't blend into the white of the post. I made the font smaller and think it fits in now. I can now move the bear and the tractor over so I can put in the window. That's it for now I have to get back to some real work, I have a couple of shirt designs I have to get done. Peace
whitetoyheaderdistance.jpg

vintage7

Reaction score
I don't mind the purple on green but maybe the letters should have black crisp edges with color middle?

well while your talking about design can you critic mine please http://www.nkran.net its a codeigniter application; mainly to learn it.Design isn't my strongest skill
Then your doing a good job just keep on learning it will come together. I never worked with it but I'm going to download it and see what I can figure out. For starters your page is running off my screen see if you can tighten it up

Last edited:

darknessiseek

Reaction score
The second one with red text was fine just take off the gray shadow and replace it with black, better on the eyes.

jasonolive

Reaction score
As for the 3d impact I'd go for a perspective more from front side in any of the website design service, with 50 percent kinda being remaining 3d and the other 50 percent right 3d if you know what I am trying to say.
custom website design

Last edited: