Beware Designs

sites7coding

Reaction score
http://bewaredesigns.cu.cc/

I coded the design in Twitter Bootstrap yesterday (January 20th) and then i integrated it into the forums (FluxBB forum) last night. Then today i have been busy changing font size's, adding a bit of space between categories and getting the forums ready. Then i also changed the help file to be integrated into the design.

A lot of work but its good
big_smile.png

I am a web design developer and will develop any website that i am paid to develop.
I will even install FluxBB modifications but i don't specify i simply say modifications.

I also installed the FluxBB Personal Messaging system and learned FluxBB is a pain in the butt to install mods to but that's alright lol. Using New Private Messaging System V1.7.1 on FluxBB 1.5.6.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
None of jQuery or Bootstrap loaded (all 404s). You really ought to be using the common CDN sources for commonly-used libraries rather than serving your own anyway; your users are very likely to have them cached already and won't incur a further download penalty. That's especially important for anybody using mobile connections (which does not necessarily imply mobile devices), since there is often a soft cap even on "unlimited" data plans, after which data rates are severely throttled. A half-megabyte of JS here and there adds up in a hurry. And you might want to make your background image a single instance (no-repeat) since it tiles poorly.

sites7coding

Reaction score
None of jQuery or Bootstrap loaded (all 404s). You really ought to be using the common CDN sources for commonly-used libraries rather than serving your own anyway; your users are very likely to have them cached already and won't incur a further download penalty. That's especially important for anybody using mobile connections (which does not necessarily imply mobile devices), since there is often a soft cap even on "unlimited" data plans, after which data rates are severely throttled. A half-megabyte of JS here and there adds up in a hurry. And you might want to make your background image a single instance (no-repeat) since it tiles poorly.

Yeah i tried making it no repeat, It doesn't work with no repeat, It leaves the page white after the height of the image is exceeded, Can't do image height as once the image gets so stretched parts of the image get too dark. See for yourself, if you go to a page such as the forums and use inspect element then do no-repeat instead of repeat and try the background-height and then you'll see what i mean.

I'll just remove those JS & JQuery links you are talking about, those i had left in the code in case i downloaded those files at some point, Those files are no longer included in the bootstrap 2.3.2 download as they took them out of the download and yeah. But i removed those links as they served no purpose.

Can't serve JS, CSS through CDN as i don't have a CDN and don't have cash for one and i don't really care for them anyways, I have always served the files through my own sites, That way i can modify the files whenever i need or any existing modified files that way whatever i had to customize works.

Last edited:

sites7coding

Reaction score
Bootstrap has its own CDN at www.bootstrapcdn.com and jQuery is CDNed via ajax.googleapis.com (see https://developers.google.com/speed/libraries/devguide). You can solve the no-repeat problem by using an appropriate background-color.

The background color i don't really have one for, the image is more of a gradient and you just can't really do the same effect using Hex codes :/

I am aware Bootstrap has its own CDN but it uses Twitter Bootstrap 3.0.3 and I only know how to code in Twitter Bootstrap 2.3.2 and 3.0.3 has changed everything in the framework so its useless to me. The JQuery i don't need cause i don't have anything that uses JQuery. I'm also using CloudFlare.

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There is more than one version available on the CDNs; you don't need to be running the latest version. And you can finish the bottom of your graphic with a solid colour, which does translate directly to hex (or rgb) values. It's not like nobody has done any of this before.

sites7coding

Reaction score
There is more than one version available on the CDNs; you don't need to be running the latest version. And you can finish the bottom of your graphic with a solid colour, which does translate directly to hex (or rgb) values. It's not like nobody has done any of this before.

True lol, I never actually thought of using a solid color for the bottom background half. it actually looks good, used my color picker to pick the dark color from the bottom of the image and then placed it as a background color. Looks good thanks for that :D

chatngox

Reaction score
The site looks clean, the blue gradient background matched the back menu bar.
one thing I found annoying is that the logo is dark gray in a blue gradient background. you can however change it to white, it's nothing wrong with it and will not effect your site. Just like game companies, they do it all the time if a color doesn't match.

Overall is nice looking...

sites7coding

Reaction score
The site looks clean, the blue gradient background matched the back menu bar.
one thing I found annoying is that the logo is dark gray in a blue gradient background. you can however change it to white, it's nothing wrong with it and will not effect your site. Just like game companies, they do it all the time if a color doesn't match.

Overall is nice looking...

Recreated the logo, Put a bit of a black gradient on the logo icon bottom part and top white half and text is white.

anamik.maju44

Reaction score
Your site is great having a good colour combinations. Your menu bar is almost fine. Moreover, your forum is well-arranged. Good work, keep it up!

phoebex2

Reaction score
Clean, straightforward, and functional. Just the way I like it.

Enough content to make it obvious what the site is for, not so much that it becomes an ordeal to navigate it.

Nothing to set off seizures in epileptics, as well, which is another major point in your favor. XD

Personally, the color scheme is not quite what I prefer, but that's just me. There's nothing wrong with it for what you're doing, and you're courteous enough to point out the problem for mobile users, which is nice, too.

The only thing I would really change is the logo/title combination. Logo is sweet, title is readable, but as a designer I'd try to show a little more flair for design in the title text, as it was the first thing that caught my eye and my first thought was that it looked a bit plain for the title on a designer's site. Using a font which "pops" a little more visually is really the only improvement I can suggest. Nothing too fancy, or even all that different, really, just something that complements the logo image itself, you know? A soft, round logo asks for a smooth, soft font, if that makes sense.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on, just putting in my 2.1 cents worth.

nishan

Prime Account
Reaction score
was just going trough the threads and my anitivius blocked this site

Trend Micro OfficeScan Event
URL Blocked
The URL that you are attempting to access is a potential security risk. Trend Micro OfficeScan has blocked this URL in keeping with the network security policy.
URL: http://bewaredesigns.cu.cc/
Risk Level: Dangerous
Details: Verified fraud page or threat source
Blocked by Web Reputation, Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.6 SP3,
Copyright © 1998-2013, Trend Micro Incorporated. All rights reserved.

sites7coding

Reaction score
was just going trough the threads and my anitivius blocked this site

Trend Micro OfficeScan Event
URL Blocked
The URL that you are attempting to access is a potential security risk. Trend Micro OfficeScan has blocked this URL in keeping with the network security policy.
URL: http://bewaredesigns.cu.cc/
Risk Level: Dangerous
Details: Verified fraud page or threat source
Blocked by Web Reputation, Trend Micro OfficeScan 10.6 SP3,
Copyright © 1998-2013, Trend Micro Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Ah crap...See the only thing i can think of that would even come close to giving this page is the license agreement from Creative Commons that i copied and pasted for the correct license agreement that i released my 2 free web templates under... Other than that i don't think there's anything wrong... The site i coded from scratch so i know there's nothing malicious and I'm using FluxBB which is also safe. So i don't know why it's giving that....

Edit:
Code:
http://sitecheck3.sucuri.net/results/bewaredesigns.cu.cc/

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/http%3A//bewaredesigns.cu.cc/

https://www.virustotal.com/ca/url/7d0439bccb401812cbbd1a5df292e1d7715160e67fa525c9c9ecf3df765e5a41/analysis/1396371476/

And the SiteAdvisor is wrong... I think my domain might be the problem.. the cu.cc domain i think is the huge issue alone there. But i don't have any cash so i can't get a proper TLD. Ignore that warning but I don't know how to get rid of it other than changing domains which i can't really just do...

Last edited:

sites7coding

Reaction score
I never really liked .tk and i had used it many times. The last time i tried to use it it wouldn't work. The last time i tried using it it wouldn't let me pick ANY domain names at all and before that the DNS stopped working and they've been issues.

I know about .ml, I don't care too much for it, I have a Freenom account, I just don't care too much for them lol, Eventually i might get a proper TLD but maybe not, Not sure right now. I have a lot going on in my own life so i just do some webdesign stuff when i have spare time and bored so yeah.