552 Disk full?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinglori

Reaction score
Okay, so I usually use an FTP program to upload my files (Filezilla) and usually it works perfectly fine, but today I was just going to upload some more stuff and I got this error. Now the weird thing is, when I used the online file uploader just a couple seconds after, it worked perfectly fine.
Is there any particular reason for this? I've never ran into this issue before.
Thank you!

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
...but today I was just going to upload some more stuff and I got this error. Now the weird thing is, when I used the online file uploader just a couple seconds after, it worked perfectly fine. Is there any particular reason for this? I've never ran into this issue before.
"552 Disk full" - or "please upload later" - or "server is running out of disk space" - or "error 28 from storage engine" - or errors like that - are at the server level, indicating that the shared data storage (SAN) partition(s) are full or nearly full or a server read/write-file type of error - which is preventing you from uploading files - or using cPanel - or your site from using a MySQL database - or your script from starting a session
this is a server issue so Admins will need to fix it - your files (data) are NOT the problem and there is nothing you can do but wait

jinglori

Reaction score
Thank you! I guess I can wait a little while to upload those pages.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

It seems that this has since been resolved. Sorry about that. :)

Thank you,

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
This problem is due to a full system replication occurring for our backup archives. Unfortunately the backup has the temporary side effect of higher than normal disk utilization to store file system block changes in a copy-on-write partition snapshot. Let us know if you see the problem return, it is something we have to fix from our end until the backup is completed.

Indicating that the shared data storage (SAN) partition(s) are full or nearly full
FYI we use directly attached SSD hardware at this time across all x10Hosting servers, no more SAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.