Email Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrorb2

Reaction score
Emails are still not sending from the Roundcube webmail client or Thunderbird, however they are sending from my Android tablet?
Have checked and double checked the settings!

terrorb2

Reaction score
At least someone replied this time!
We have urgent emails that need to be sent and others replied to.

terrorb2

Reaction score
Can't seem to be able to delete the older thread.
This one will have to do.

ambiguish

Reaction score
Unsure if from a related cause, but I've been having email issues as well. My post currently has 0 replies, even to say "check the faq here", so hey, why not spam away?

terrorb2

Reaction score
Emails are still not sending from web based client and Thunderbird. However they are sending from Android tablet.
Please resolve asap as business is being affected!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you're running on a hosting plan that doesn't have a service level agreement (SLA), that's a bad idea; it's not appropriate for a business, and provides you with no recourse when things go wrong. x10Hosting is not responsible for your decision to run a critical application on a service that has no support agreement and which is aimed primarily at hobbyists and their needs. The rules and filtering in place here (and the activities of other users) may prevent some legitimate activity because it resembles too closely some illigitimate activity happening elsewhere on the servers.

x10Premium offers services that are in keeping with the needs of businesses, including on-site and on-call support staff and an SLA that include guaranteed up-time, but those things cost money to provide, so the service is not free.

terrorb2

Reaction score
Not so much business being affected directly, more of a credibility and convenience issue. But yes, we will be upgrading soon as the basic package is terrible...

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi terrorb2,

Sorry this thread slipped by. What is the full email address that you are trying to send emails from, exactly? :)

Thank you,

terrorb2

Reaction score
Emails are still no sending :/
Can anything be done to resolve this??

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. It appears that your test emails are actually being sent, but they are automatically being stopped and discarded by our mail server, as they are triggering our spam filters. I have marked your latest test email as being safe, but please could you try sending an email with some different content, and check whether it is delivered? :)

Thank you,

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I found 3 emails sent from you today, 2 were discarded by the spam filtering system. The main reason for the discard is the HTML\Image to text ratio, the email that made it through looks like it was sent via your phone which does not include HTML\images.

If you want to send a test email you should include a few sentences, something that looks more like a legitimate email instead of just 'test' which looks suspicious. Due to high rates of abuse the email filtering system on free hosting is sensitive but accurate.

terrorb2

Reaction score
Would it be possible to block said filtering? Certain emails may only have a few words as correspondence instead of numerous sentences.
Also just tried sending an email with a body of text and it still didn't send through.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The email you just sent got lower marks on some stuff but went through the roof for the heuristic scan causing it to be flagged.

Copy\pasting the same paragraph 3 times looks spammy. Try sending an email with three or four sentences, something that would come up in normal conversation. Our spam filters have been trained on tens of millions of emails so they're pretty good at picking up 'fake' emails where people just paste in meaningless text to try and get by them. That is what caught your last message.

terrorb2

Reaction score
Still not sending, even after editing the html signature and typing up a small legit email...

Status
Not open for further replies.