Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostHorizon

Reaction score
Hi,

I got the following error message when accessing my site http://losthorizon.x10.mx/ today:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at no-reply@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

FYI, I did read the post about the "Changes to Apache directives and options supported in .htaccess files", and sadly enough, I have to say that I don't know/understand what it is, nor do I ever have anything to do with it. Nevertheless, I tried to look for the .htaccess file in all of my file directories and didn't find any. PLEASE HELP.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

The .htaccess file in your public_html directory contained "Options All", which was recently disallowed. I have renamed the file to ".htaccess_old", and your site is now loading. :)

Thank you,

LostHorizon

Reaction score
Thanks Dead-i, you're a LIFESAVER. But I still DON'T see the ".htaccess_old" file (that you've renamed from the ".htacess" file) anywhere. Perhaps because I'm using the File Manager utility tool to display my directory file contents. How do I get the system file displayed? Anyone? I'd like very much to know/learn more.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi LostHorizon,

If you're using the File Manager, please make sure you have "Show Hidden Files" checked before you open it. ;)

65dvhqB.png

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
...make sure you have "Show Hidden Files" checked before you open it
to add to that...

if you do not receive the 'pop-up' to set that --> near bottom on cPanel-x3's home page click on [ Reset All Interface Settings ]

Status
Not open for further replies.