When uploading my site files get deleted, why?

Elon Musk

Reaction score
I don't know what to do or how to fix this problem but When i try to upload my site like 90% of the files just get deleted for no reason and at first i thought i needed more Disk space but i don't think that could be the problem and maybe it could be but i'm not 100% sure it is

if anyone can help me with this that would be great :)

kenny9

Reaction score
Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for. Files over 10MB in size will be automatically removed from non-upgraded accounts.

Elon Musk

Reaction score
Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for. Files over 10MB in size will be automatically removed from non-upgraded accounts.
Damn that sucks my website in 30MB in size and i appreciate your help : )

Elon Musk

Reaction score
Also does that mean i could upload 3-4 different files under 10mb and non of my files will get deleted? or does that mean my account can only hold 10MB worth of files?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The former; if your site is 1,000 1MB files, you're fine - it's only going to erase individual files over 10MB, not the contents of the entire account. The overall disk space limit still applies (in that new accounts are limited to 500MB total), but we don't erase entire sites if one file is too big - that'd be significantly more overkill than needed, given that we're just trying to curtail abuse.

Elon Musk

Reaction score
The former; if your site is 1,000 1MB files, you're fine - it's only going to erase individual files over 10MB, not the contents of the entire account. The overall disk space limit still applies (in that new accounts are limited to 500MB total), but we don't erase entire sites if one file is too big - that'd be significantly more overkill than needed, given that we're just trying to curtail abuse.
I just checked how many MB's my files are its 650MB and accounts are limited to 500MB Damn, i thought it was 30MB but it was being compress by win rar and there anyway you can upgrade my diskspace? the email to the account is: xexreboot@gmail.com that would be greatly appreciated :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I did look into the account, and it doesn't currently qualify. The account need to be using at least half of the initial space, there needs to be a working site (doesn't have to be fully completed).

Best I can advice is that you upload a portion of your site to make it a functional site that we can review for upgrade.

And for future requests, please use the correct forum account as we are not really supposed to make changes to an account when the request doesn't come from the linked forum account.

If you do not know what forum account is attached to the hosting you can see information when you login to the portal and go to "Get Support" -> "Visit Forums". This will provide you with information about the linked forum account. Password should be the same as you use for the portal.