Resolved unable to login and can't reset my password

flaswfx1

Reaction score
Please help, I can't login with my email & pass for some time. Every time I reset my password, and try to login with the new password, it always tells me that "These credentials do not match our records."
my website: http://flaswf.x10host.com
  • Username: flaswfx1
  • Server Name: xo7

flaswfx1

Reaction score
I still can't login! Anyone can help? I can receive the password reset email and input a new password, but it seems that the resetting doesn't work because after that whenever I try to use the new password to login, the page tells me "These credentials do not match our records."

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no xo7 btw, your new server is: x11

Assuming you are attempting to login at https://x10hosting.com/panel. Are you inputting your email address as username?
Anything other then your email address as username will be rejected.

flaswfx1

Reaction score
There is no xo7 btw, your new server is: x11

Assuming you are attempting to login at https://x10hosting.com/panel. Are you inputting your email address as username?
Anything other then your email address as username will be rejected.
Yes, I'm using my email address as the username, but can't login. I tired both the old and the new password, always got the message "These credentials do not match our records". Is there any problem with my account?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a word with another of the admins, and it appears your account was actually closed due to abuse.

Maybe @Eric S or @Livewire can shed some light on this, but until they do the account will remain closed.

flaswfx1

Reaction score
I had a word with another of the admins, and it appears your account was actually closed due to abuse.

Maybe @Eric S or @Livewire can shed some light on this, but until they do the account will remain closed.
Thanks for providing this info. But why? I didn't receive any warning or notification that my account was closed. I'm using this service for many years normally and I don't think I did anything violates the TOS. It is until the recent updates of servers & login system that I suddenly lost the access to my account and my websites are no longer online. Maybe because I'm resetting the passwords too often recently? But it is because that operation doesn't work for me to set a new password so I tried many times. Anyway, how can I get my account back now?

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for providing this info. But why? I didn't receive any warning or notification that my account was closed. I'm using this service for many years normally and I don't think I did anything violates the TOS. It is until the recent updates of servers & login system that I suddenly lost the access to my account and my websites are no longer online. Maybe because I'm resetting the passwords too often recently? But it is because that operation doesn't work for me to set a new password so I tried many times. Anyway, how can I get my account back now?

The domain Digitalcoin.tk which was tied to your account was red flagged for phishing by several known scanners and reports.

It may be possible our scanners and the systems flagged your website and domain in error.

We do have backups for your account and we would be able to restore your account provided the information can be confirmed and validated prior in regards to your domain in question.

flaswfx1

Reaction score
The domain Digitalcoin.tk which was tied to your account was red flagged for phishing by several known scanners and reports.

It may be possible our scanners and the systems flagged your website and domain in error.

We do have backups for your account and we would be able to restore your account provided the information can be confirmed and validated prior in regards to your domain in question.

Thanks! That is an abandoned domain where I once installed the drupal CMS for testing. Due to lack of maintenance for some time, the site was once hacked by somebody who use the security holes of drupal to send massive spam emails (although most are automatically blocked by x10host email quota, and I didn't realize that the site was hijacked until I saw the warnings that my account's email usages reached the limits). I already deleted the email functions in the php source files of the site to solve the problem when I found that about half a year ago (and I think the problem has been solved since then). Would you please recover my account, I will simply remove the useless domain Digitalcoin.tk from my x10host account to prevent any further problem.

flaswfx1

Reaction score

It turns out that I no longer own and have no control over the domain Digitalcoin.tk any more, and I believe the red flag is a false positive because the original site was almost empty and abandoned for years and the spamming problem has also been solved for a while. Could you please unlock my x10hosting account?

flaswfx1

Reaction score
Please help to recover my account, I still can't login or reset my password.

flaswfx1

Reaction score
Today I received the email titled "x10hosting - Service Nearing Inactive Date". It warns me that "there has not been a login at https://x10hosting.com/login in almost 30 days." The problem is that I can't login and can't reset the password, so please help to recover my account. Thanks in advance!
BTW, the domain "Digitalcoin.tk" which caused some problems does NOT belong to me any more.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We have reviewed your account and restored it from the pre-migrations version since that was the easiest option to get the entire account back, but since it looks like the scripts on there is severely outdated you would need to rectify this in order to avoid the account being compromised.

I also removed everything related to the digitalcoin.tk domain, note that when you no longer intend to use a script make sure to fully remove them to avoid trouble down the line.

If needed we should be able to restore parts of the account with newer files if you made any big changes.

Compromises often occur through outdated scripts and/or weak passwords, so make sure scripts are up to date and passwords are secure (both for the account itself and for admin areas of scripts you have).

You should now be able to login to your account.