Resources Limit

d2agency

Reaction score
I am using WooCommerce (WordPress) and in DirectAdmin (Resource Usage), I am seeing that Resources are being overused.

You have reached the limits within the past 24 hours
  • CPU resources limit was reached for your site
  • I/O usage resources limit was reached for your site
Any way to fix this? Will my site get suspended?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If it occurs frequently it may cause a suspension eventually, but if it is just once in a while all that happens is that for a period of time the site may be unreachable.

If it s a well trafficked site it might be an indication it has outgrown the limitations of free hosting, which will not be the best option or all kinds of sites in the long run although often sufficient for most.

If it is just a site for learning purposes it may help to limit the number of items you put in the shop while testing and experimenting.

d2agency

Reaction score
If it occurs frequently it may cause a suspension eventually, but if it is just once in a while all that happens is that for a period of time the site may be unreachable.

If it s a well trafficked site it might be an indication it has outgrown the limitations of free hosting, which will not be the best option or all kinds of sites in the long run although often sufficient for most.

If it is just a site for learning purposes it may help to limit the number of items you put in the shop while testing and experimenting.

My website is currently in development only and only I use it.
But that limit warning is also shown just after I install WordPress and started to use it. At that time, there were no plugins or themes. Still Resources used.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My website is currently in development only and only I use it.
But that limit warning is also shown just after I install WordPress and started to use it. At that time, there were no plugins or themes. Still Resources used.
WooCommerece by nature uses a lot of resources. If you find you are hitting these limits which are causing actual time out and errors visiting your website the free hosting environment may not work best for you.

d2agency

Reaction score
WooCommerece by nature uses a lot of resources. If you find you are hitting these limits which are causing actual time out and errors visiting your website the free hosting environment may not work best for you.

There are no such problems. My Website is running fine and I haven't received any Resource Hit Warning by Email. It just shows up in DirectAdmin Panel in the Resource Usage App.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are no such problems. My Website is running fine and I haven't received any Resource Hit Warning by Email. It just shows up in DirectAdmin Panel in the Resource Usage App.
If this is only indicated within your panel for now you should be fine. However if issues arise like I stated when you actually visit your site then it will be a problem.