1000 Points for Logo (Vector)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Can I have the shift arrows by itself in the following sizes: 1280x1024 and 800x600.

You stingily can :)

As for the DPI, I have no idea, whatever you think would look the best if he blew it up even bigger and/or made it smaller.

It depends on printing process. I have no idea what equipment you'll use to print this so I'll make it 600 DPI (the more the better).

Also, do you think that if you made it in let's say 1280x1024 he would be able to re-size it without losing the quality?

That depends on DPI but in any case I'll send you a Fireworks editable PNG witch is a vector image so you can resize it to whatever size you need.

Also, one more thing to ask. Can you make another variant of the logo where it would say "Shift Transportation" along with the current one?

That would require more work and you'll have to wait for it cos, like I said before, I haven't used any font for it. The text is a shape I made. If it's not necessary I'll rather skip it.

That logo is in my country EXACTLY the same i mean the last photo with the top arrow...

I don't quite understand what you mean. If there's "EXACTLY the same" logo somewhere in Netherlands please post a link. I made this one myself and I searched the Google to see if there's something similar. When I didn't found anything I decided to offer it here. Please give us some more info.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
That logo is in my country EXACTLY the same i mean the last photo with the top arrow...

Can you please post it?

You stingily can :)

Thank you.

It depends on printing process. I have no idea what equipment you'll use to print this so I'll make it 600 DPI (the more the better).

Basically he would be going to a FedexOffice (previously called FedexKinkos) store and getting it printed there. I don't know what equipment they have.

That depends on DPI but in any case I'll send you a Fireworks editable PNG witch is a vector image so you can resize it to whatever size you need.

Thank you again.

That would require more work and you'll have to wait for it cos, like I said before, I haven't used any font for it. The text is a shape I made. If it's not necessary I'll rather skip it.

That's fine then, it's not a necessity. :)

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
OK then, would you like me to post it or you'll wait to see if there's really a same logo somewhere in Netherlands like felabria said?

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
OK then, would you like me to post it or you'll wait to see if there's really a same logo somewhere in Netherlands like felabria said?

Just post it. If there is the same logo in another country then we will see eventually.

felabria

Reaction score
i can't find it with googling shift... i see need for speed, Telecom Shift etc etc

Last edited:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Alright, thanks felabria. If you see it again, can you let me know?

leviathon, can you make one more change? I am sorry, but if you can, can you change "Shift" to "Djoo"?

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
OK, I was just uploading everything when I saw this post so please tell me what exactly do you need. Make a final specification and stick to it, please.

I won't upload anything until you post something like:

Please upload final versions of:
1) ...
2) ...
3) ...

Thank you.

Last edited:

XGI Admin

Reaction score
please dont end this yet, ill make a rough draft tommorow and see if you like it thanks.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
OK, I was just uploading everything when I saw this post so please tell me what exactly do you need. Make a final specification and stick to it, please.

I won't upload anything until you post something like:

Thank you.

I am really sorry, but he decided that he wanted it changed to "Djoo". :happysad:

Please upload final versions of:
1) One with the arrows on the left side of the name "Djoo".
2) One with the arrows on the top of the name "Djoo".
3) One with just the arrows in 1280x1024 and 800x60 sizes.
4) Also the png and/or editable .psd if available. :)

Thank you.

Also @ XGI Admin, you can still enter. My friend would love to see different variants and will gladly pay you the points if I like it. If you do make it though, remember it has changed from "Shift" to "Djoo". Thank you.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
We have a possible problem here and I thing you should think about it. Shift is a visually edgy word and it sounds edgy too. That's why I made an edgy logo. Now we have Djoo witch is a quite opposite. It's smooth and rounded. If I make it edgy I'm not sure if it'll work. So before I start experimenting I would really like to know if Djoo is final name cos I don't want to end up making another logo from scratch if you're not sure.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
We have a possible problem here and I thing you should think about it. Shift is a visually edgy word and it sounds edgy too. That's why I made an edgy logo. Now we have Djoo witch is a quite opposite. It's smooth and rounded. If I make it edgy I'm not sure if it'll work. So before I start experimenting I would really like to know if Djoo is final name cos I don't want to end up making another logo from scratch if you're not sure.

I am really sorry once again for the sudden change. "Djoo" is the last and final name. If you can squeeze in "Djoo" with the word "Transportation" like "Djoo Transportation" with something like the arrows that would be excellent.

I will pay you 1500 points for your troubles.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What about something like this?

Attachments

• djoo_sample.jpg
    djoo_sample.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 73

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
He is not really fond of the j and o in that logo. :/ If you can think of something else maybe?

With all the trouble you are going through he is willing to pay you $10 in addition to the 1500 credits for a logo he loves.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
He is not really fond of the j and o in that logo. :/ If you can think of something else maybe?

OK I'll see what I can do ... again.

With all the trouble you are going through he is willing to pay you $10 in addition to the 1500 credits for a logo he loves.

I don't think that's possible. There's no PayPal in my country and the only way you can transfer many to me is by bank account witch is stupid cos when banks charge their fees there won't be nothing left from $10. On the other hand if I'm to charge you for the logo it would probably be something like $250 :) I'm professioan web and graphic designer and $250 is my average logo price. I do things for fun here on x10 so relax and forget about $10 ;) I'll keep the credits though :biggrin:

I'm not sure if I have enough free time to make another one today but I hope I'll manage to do it on weekend. I was wondering do you have a deadline or something?

EDIT
Do you like the "djoo" font?

Last edited:

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
My sad attempt

edit:
fixed typo, thanks XGI Admin. I'm an idiot

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

XGI Admin

Reaction score
Ok i was very busy yesterday, i will start constructing a logo now.

My style of design is I make ... well a logo, example the google chrome logo. I dont usually make texts as a logo but ill see what i can do. I hope to reply back within an hour, thanks.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
OK I'll see what I can do ... again.

I don't think that's possible. There's no PayPal in my country and the only way you can transfer many to me is by bank account witch is stupid cos when banks charge their fees there won't be nothing left from $10. On the other hand if I'm to charge you for the logo it would probably be something like $250 :) I'm professioan web and graphic designer and $250 is my average logo price. I do things for fun here on x10 so relax and forget about $10 ;) I'll keep the credits though :biggrin:

I'm not sure if I have enough free time to make another one today but I hope I'll manage to do it on weekend. I was wondering do you have a deadline or something?

EDIT
Do you like the "djoo" font?

I will give you 2K credits then. :/ I'm sorry, I would pay you more, but he just started the business and does not have much money.

He liked the font, but he just did not like the way that the j and the o were. He would prefer if the arrows were separate from the logo, but you are the professional one with the better knowledge.

There is no big deadline, but he would love to have a logo done by the end of the month.

Once again really sorry for the hassle.

@sourfacedcyclop: He did not like the arrows going with the "o"'s at all. :/ Sorry.

@XGI Admin: He also did not like any of those, too black and white. If you can just make a Google Chrome like logo that would be acceptable (not exactly like it, it was an example). Something maybe with 2 arrows like the Shift arrows or something.

XGI Admin

Reaction score
It's hard to know exactly what your looking for but here is another i made.
and if i was to charge i wouldn't need any credits, $20 via paypal would be fine.

Attachments

• djoo4.png
    djoo4.png
    490.2 KB · Views: 410
Last edited: