1001 Reasons Why PS3's Suck!

leofe

Reaction score
We all know PS3's suck...so lets just tell them why!

1. They are bloomin expensive!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score

AAaaaand failed already.

Sorry, that argument's not valid anymore - they are now equal to the price of a 360. There's other reasons why I think they suck, but price isn't one of them anymore.

Even on newegg it's $449 vs $399, depending on what Xbox 360 Elite bundle you pick to face off against the PS3 bundles (highest ps3 bundle is $499, but go with the $399 since they don't have an un-bundled version).

Ain't as expensive as it used to be. Sorry bud.

leofe

Reaction score
LOL I should have checked the prices before i posted!
Ok then... they suck because of the poor tennis games!
Anyone have a ps3? Do you like it?

Evocation

Reaction score
I have a ps3, I like it and the price is the same as the xbox elite here (though you do get more games with the xbox elite but none i liked)

I don't get why you'd want to play tennis or most sports not irl o.o

otherside

Reaction score
I'm stuck in the middle right now. Xbox has some cool features and more games as well as exclusive titles. However metal gear solid 4 is so far only going to be out on PS3 (and I'd rather have that than any Xbox exclusive at this point). The price (for backwards compatibility) is a little much for me with the PS3, and honestly I think its stupid that doesn't come standard. On the other hand the 360's reliability rate is such that I won't buy one unless they find a way to permanently fix that bug. I feel technology is in such a transitional phase right now its annoying, I mean look at HD vs Blue ray, Plasma vs HD, and PS3 vs 360. Part of me wants to just check out for a year or so until things settle down a bit.

roctronic

Reaction score
We all know PS3's suck...so lets just tell them why!

buddy you can get one today for 300 bucks,

as i recall thats what the 360 is going for,

plus the fact the the playstation 3 has more raw power in it than the

xbox 360 could ever even imagine.

Not to mention it doesnt fry discs, melt them or even blow smoke out of its fan,

its called mr.reliable for a reason

sorry for the rant:biggrin:

Cabrill

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'll never own a PS3, and it has nothing to do with it's quality or price. I don't like Sony's business tactics, buying out the competition's movie producers in the high definition format war instead of allowing the consumers to pick the definition they liked and supporting it based on it's merits. I don't care if it's "just business", I find that extremely demeaning to the customer's right of choice. They were losing. Now we're stuck with the inferior of the two formats.

Am I a nut, or does anyone else feel the same way? :cool:

Last edited:

Clinton

Reaction score
Buying competition? Looks like you take rumors too seriously. Sony doesn't OWN Blu-ray. It's run by a consortium and they wouldn't have enough money to buy out all of these studios who are dropping HDDVD at once.

That's pretty crazy that you believe such a thing.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Buying competition? Looks like you take rumors too seriously. Sony doesn't OWN Blu-ray. It's run by a consortium and they wouldn't have enough money to buy out all of these studios who are dropping HDDVD at once.

That's pretty crazy that you believe such a thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Sony_BMG_CD_copy_protection_scandal

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/11/sonys_drm_rootk.html

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/11/14/sony-anticustomer-te.html

http://www.news.com/Sonys-rootkit-fiasco/2009-1029_3-5961248.html

So what if they don't own Blu-Ray. Doesn't say jack **** about their business practices when you can look at XCP and MediaMax CD3 and see just what kind of crap they wanted to put on their LEGITIMATE USERS cd's.

I'd like to take this moment to add that I did my part to protest it. I downloaded the illegal copies of any of those particular protected cd's, since it seems the illegal copies did NOT have the protection on it. Sony hurt their own consumers, and actually made it safer to go through the wrong methods to get the music. +1 for Torrents.

He might be nuts for believing the Blu-Ray BS, but he ain't nuts for not supporting Sony due to their business tactics - I'd encourage everyone to look up "Sony DRM Scandal" or "Sony DRM Fiasco" in google and pick your news source. Pretty sure just about everyone covered it at one point or another.

Clinton

Reaction score
I know about the whole DRM issue. Big deal. No corporation is your friend. I'm not buying them lunch, but I am enjoying their products whenever I feel like it.

Simple as that.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I know about the whole DRM issue. Big deal. No corporation is your friend. I'm not buying them lunch, but I am enjoying their products whenever I feel like it.

Simple as that.

No corporation may be my friend but it's rather unusual; I've never had a Microsoft product total the pc I installed it on.

Sony's made this pc inoperable, had to reinstall from scratch which was enough of a hassle as it was.

Microsoft's considered one of the more worse companies out there, but like I said, their software isn't killing my pc and making it unusable because of BSOD/Restarts. Same reason why I hate Starforce3, but that's fixable through some questionable means.

Clinton

Reaction score
I've never messed witih Sony PCs. I've heard enough to stay away from them. :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never messed witih Sony PCs. I've heard enough to stay away from them. :)

You're not familiar with that DRM at all then are you?

Sony CD's. Audio. CDs. Not PC's, CD's. For playing music. Had that DRM on it which cripples pc's because the whole idea was to stop people from copying them.

Didn't work, they seem to have forgotten that you can just plug the line-out on a cd player into a line-in on the sound card and rip it that way -_-'

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Sony computers are fine, as my previous one was a Sony (still runs great). Of course you're paying for brand name parts and the fancy looking case (which is why I've moved on to cheaper Dells). I dislike Sony's recent business tactics too, so I refuse to buy a PS3. XBL is well developed, and has the best FPS games available.

I'm not a super MGS fan, and even if I were I wouldn't burn all my money for a console just to play that one single game.

Archkronos

Reaction score
buddy you can get one today for 300 bucks,

What, a crippled version without backwards compatability, the only thing to make me buy one

as i recall thats what the 360 is going for,

plus the fact the the playstation 3 has more raw power in it than the

Depends what way you look at it, tbh. Some ways say yes, some say no.

xbox 360 could ever even imagine.

^ ^ ^

Not to mention it doesnt fry discs

Nope, no messing around with a mis-aligned cog in the laser (COUGH PS2 COUGH

, melt them

wut?

or even blow smoke out of its fan,

Haven't seen that yet, but, granted, it could happen. On any console.

its called mr.reliable for a reason

Anything can go wrong on any console. The more recent Xbox 360's have been not braking.

sorry for the rant:biggrin:

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, reply in bold.

NEXT: 2. nothing beats a true, dedicated player. DVD playback has been naff on the PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360 (assuming you dont have the media remote).

SkyStormKuja

Reaction score
Well, all in all, neither of the consoles really "suck".

PS3 is a powerful machine, and, as already noted, it has price dropped. The price might drop again.
The XBOX360 might have tech-errors, and some people hate it because of it's creator(I despise MS's tactics and software), but it has a nice online community, and many cool games are XBOX eclusive (like Blue Dragon, Rise of Ninja, etc)
And the Wii, well, it's small, it's cheap, it's weak, but it has a funky innovative way of doing things, once more connectivity with Nintendo's handheld, and games that can give hours of pleasure.

So, really, this specific argument isn't valid. But, to bring something to this thread, I'll say this.

PS3 has a foot in the market. Being an equal to the N64(Don't fight me on this, google it), it did in fact slowly overtake the Nintendo console, and became the first well-known console with 3D graphics and discs as medium. Thus, the PS3 is probably known for it's series devotion.

But, the PS3 has had a problem. Expensive. But, as with all Sony's consoles, a huge pricedrop has equilized it with the XBOX, making it suddenly affordable. I guess, mostly it will now come down to where your loyalties lie.

Though, it kinda sucks that the PS3 isn't backwards compatible on it's own...

ShadowFlame98

Reaction score
Well I have both and here is the general aspect on the entire console war. It boils down to why the companies were ever produced, Microsoft for software (windows) and Sony practically invented the mobile music industry with its Walkman.

PlayStation 3 - Way better hardware
Xbox 360 - Way better software

I believe nobody can argure about the hardware in the 360, I've had mine for about 6 months and had to send it back to Microsoft twice while on the other hand my PS3 is a year old and I've never brought it back. The fan and the blu-ray drive are 10 times more quiet on the PS3 then the 360 sometimes I want to tell that thing to shut the hell up when its reading disc so fast and loud. But Xbox does have a better online XBL compared to the PS3 PSN but then again you have to pay XBL while PSN is free and a few early games looked better on the 360 then PS3 because of software. Plus the dashboard ass rapes the XMB on the Ps3.

Thats just my 2 cents they are both great consoles but when you get both your having the best experience. :cool:

P.S. Throw a Wii in there too and you got it made

lolerlol

Reaction score
You should buy a PS3 much later, when they actually have good games out.

charlies

Reaction score
Another reason why ANY game console (especially the Wii, :thefinger:thefinger) sucks is the price!

Lets face it, you need a computer anyway right (even if only for basic web/email), so why not turn it into a full fledged gaming machine for the same price as a console?

Also, personally, I prefer aiming etc. with a mouse instead of a little thumbstick where you try and move it fast and it goes slighty off the target, then you try and line up a headshot with tiny little movements on the thumbstick and then you accidentally move it too far and the target has moved... Ugggghhhh!

Anyway, a gaming computer is much better than a console anyday, so make sure to get one instead of a console if you're thinking of getting a console.
While we're on the Gaming PC subject, if you're thinking of getting one, stay away from the big name brands eg. Dell, HP, Acer!
They will rip you off and make you waste your money.
A good PC builder if you don't want to build it yourself though is CS Computers (http://www.charliesomerville.com/).
They also do custom built systems for no extra and even give you a free quote!