1001 Reasons Why PS3's Suck!

Sohail

Reaction score
Ok i am going t tell you why the PS3 is the BEST! There was a massive price drop to $399 so now it's definitely worth all the features!

1) It uses Blu-Ray disc technology, these amazing high capacity discs can hold up to 25GB on a single layer and 50GB on dual layer. The standard DVD can only hold up to 4.8GB. So we get HD graphics and sound..

2) The high capacity disc could hold a lot but you get a 60GB hard drive for storing all your videos, pictures, themes, games and more... So with all this space to use, there's more then enough for HD graphics.

3) It has Bluetooth so you can chat to people people using a Bluetooth headset.

4) Online gaming is the best when it comes to the PS3, unlike the XBOX 360 where you have to pay to play online. The Playstation©NETWORK offers this for free. Almost all games released have an online play feature!

5) You can browse the internet with ease using the PS3, if you wanted, you could even connect to the internet wirelessly, one of the best parts is that you could connect a usb mouse and keyboard to use while you browse the internet. Don't forget that it has a flash player too.

6) There are system updates which adds extra features to the PS3 all the time. Now you can even change your themes and download more from the internet.

7) You can download game demos, PSP games, full games, add ons, backgrounds, themes and more from the Playstation©STORE which is accessed through the XMB.

8) It has a memory card reader so you can access all your media easily, or if you have a flash disk, then you can plug it in to one of the for USB ports.

9) You get the real gaming experience using the new SixAxis controller. It detects the movement through 6 axes so that would be a real good experience if you were flying a plane or something... Plus you get the freedom because of it's wireless connection through Bluetooth. Unlike the XBOX where you have to keep changing the batterys... You can plug a usb cable into your controller and charge it.

10) This is the best part of the PS3 the will change gaming for ever, i won't be able to explain this one so i have given the link below :-
http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/07/playstation-home-revealed/

11) If you wanted, you can even install on OS!!

There are many more reasons but i have listed the best ones I can remember so i hope i haven't forgot anything good. Well you should now know that the PS3 is definitely worth it. If you say it's not, then it's probably because you haven't got the money to afford it.

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score
Guys,

It is a matter of preference.

If you like heavy gaming and alot of power = PS3.

If you like more of a game selection = 360

If you want more of an interactive fun experience = Wii

There is no right and wrong. Its all about what you like.

nunoabc

Reaction score
go sohailamir52, go sohailamir52, huh uhhhhhh huh uhhhhhh

I'm with you. But how can we install an OS in PS3? I believe that it won't be Windows, maybe Linux, Unix, who knows?

SkyStormKuja

Reaction score
Anyway, a gaming computer is much better than a console anyday, so make sure to get one instead of a console if you're thinking of getting a console.

That mentality is something that is wide spread throughout so-called "PC-Gamers". They feel that you might as well spend all your money on a computer with the admin and internet duties, and have it double as a games-console by having the capability to play games on it.

Sadly, that is starting to become true, especially when the new consoles are taken into account. They have become computers that needs patches and updates to run games effectively.
The reason why one would have bought a console in the old days above a computer is this : Firstly, a console is standard. (Was...). If you bought it, you know that any game you buy for it will work, and won't crash. Because the system is standard, and much easier to develop for. Whereas a computer can have a multitude of hardware options that can easily cause unwanted reaction.

Secondly, a console you can usually keep for between one and four years, or until a new console is released and developers target new games onto it. On the contrary, to keep up to speed with new games, you usually need to upgrade your PC up to multiple times per year, just to stay ahead in the gaming standards.

I used to love the fact that I can simply sit down, place my CD into the drive, and play. Nowadays, you have to insert the game, and then the XBOX360 will tell you it needs to download an update before you can play.

So, I think that mentality is unfortunatly rubbing off on consoles, and thus in the end, they will just be PCs with controllers.

Thus, that is no reason to say consoles sucks, because, well, they don't.

I agree with Loneua Technologies. Each console gives you something else. So, really, none of the consoles "Suck".

dmc900

Reaction score
I'm with sony's ps3 for quality.
I here in some country there sales are good too.

sold in one week
Wii - 41000
PS3 - 21000
Xbox360 - 20000
Gameboy - 3000

Evocation

Reaction score
Sales figures aren't really anything to go by... ps2 was outselling both xbox and ps3 recently o.o

Also a high end PC costs a lot more then a ps3/xbox with all the trimmings, I don't count the Tv costs in that tbh... that and i find playing my ps3 a lot more relaxing then my PC

Sony vs microsoft is stupid they're both barstard organisations.
I got a ps3 because I met my needs, I personally don't enjoy online gaming amazingly much, generally in my exp it's full of people with suppressed egos trying to compensate.
PS3's main problem is while it is technically more powerful and capable of doing more then the x60, very few company's have really tried programming it correctly oblivion is the only port i know of that's really tried, xbox is basically just like a computer so porting between pc to xbox i doubt requires much

Yellow dog is a linux OS made for the ps3, only problem imo is that as the ps3 only has 256 of normal memory you can only do like one thing at a time

The new patching and such is nice as in it means that companys can now patch up bad bugs in games... but it also means that they can push the product befor it's ready and just patch it later, also nice thing about the old consoles was you could flip them on and off 20,000 times and it wouldn't corrupt any of you data, now it's like a computer

adamkrem

Reaction score
OK look people.

I'm in Advanced Game Design.

As for the dude doing sales quotes yeah get it right.

Wii #1 seller
Xbox 360 #2 seller
PS3 #3 seller and that isn't including older generation consules

As for games sold. Once again
Xbox #1 seller
Wii #2 seller
PS3 #3rd not even counting once again that 99 out of 100 games made for sony systems seems to be for the ps2 not the ps3.

anyhow the PS3 sucks and a terrible example of a gaming system for the price and stuff it offers.

Blueray doesn't really make up for the lack of anything truely offered.

Last edited:

imaran

Reaction score
OK look people.

I'm in Advanced Game Design.

As for the dude doing sales quotes yeah get it right.

Wii #1 seller
Xbox 360 #2 seller
PS3 #3 seller and that isn't including older generation consules

As for games sold. Once again
Xbox #1 seller
Wii #2 seller
PS3 #3rd not even counting once again that 99 out of 100 games made for sony systems seems to be for the ps2 not the ps3.

anyhow the PS3 sucks and a terrible example of a gaming system for the price and stuff it offers.

Blueray doesn't really make up for the lack of anything truely offered.

Your school is misinformed or not up to date. I WORK at a top 5 technology college and in december, ps3 almost double the xbox360's sales. get your facts from somewhere CREDIBLE. As for the "for the price" comment, it's about the same price as the 360 now, yet you make no crusade all over the forums with false information about it, why do you start in on the PS3. go get some facts, double check them across multiple, credible sources and then come back and try to make an argument. please.

PS3 is more reliable and has good enough online play that is free(vs the paid 360 online play). as far as graphics go, they tie for the most part, but in the long run the ps3 has far more potential. original games will be BY FAR in advantage of PS3 by end of this year.

SPEAKING of how corporations do things, you all are whining about how Sony runs, well Microsoft has paid gaming sites for good reviews (look at the message boards or reviews of game sites such as IGN or Gamespot, it is posted all over the place).

Last edited:

SkyStormKuja

Reaction score
I'm not stating facts, but I remember reading in a local technology and gaming magazine that the Wii outsold the PS3, and the PS3 outsold the XBOX. If I remember correctly, the PS2 was still outselling both the PS3 and the XBOX360 two months back. XD

But anyways.

imaran

Reaction score
I'm not stating facts, but I remember reading in a local technology and gaming magazine that the Wii outsold the PS3, and the PS3 outsold the XBOX. If I remember correctly, the PS2 was still outselling both the PS3 and the XBOX360 two months back. XD

But anyways.

As far as consoles sold, that was accurate for the first 6 months but after that Wii sales went down. I'm not sure where the Wii falls the last two months as my job is off between semesters so I haven't heard about Wii's console sales, but game sales go PS3 >XBOX 360 > Wii in December and January and console sales go PS3>360. overall though Wii could very well be ahead still even now. They sold a ton at first :)

Last edited:

warlordste

Reaction score
tbh i don' like the ps3 but i have not seen one proper vaild reason why u lot say there poo me myself i have both a 360 and a ps3 and i like them both they get bad press the ps3 but i think there worth the money