1024 MB Cap????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvinshrek54

Reaction score
<s>Last I checked(A few minutes ago) your front page said:

Free Hosting Since 2004

Join the friendly x10Hosting community - we're a pretty awesome bunch! Plus, you'll get:

• UNMETERED Disk Space
  • UNMETERED Bandwidth

Yet in my CPanel, it suddenly began saying this today:

1,024.00 MB quota limit (81.97 MB used)

My old host, Google Apps, allowed 25 GIGABYTES, and the only reason my site only uses 81 MBs right now, is because all my images are still hosted on google, and I haven't moved them yet.

Why do you claim unlimited space, but only deliver 1024 MB??? >:mad:</s>

I'm not sure if this counts as fraud as it is a free service, but I literally spent an entire day, maybe more, migrating a collossal site to x10, only to find out two days later that x10 has secretly put a cap in place, and I will run out of space soon?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Sorry, just found this:

Due to a recent policy change we made to try stopping bad accounts, we are initially offering 1 GB of space, with a possibility of unlimited space for accounts in good standing. You will have to request the upgrade in the support section (here).

Sorry about the misunderstanding, you might want to make that a bit clearer on the site.

Either way, I'm requesting an upgrade. My site is mostly functional now, I just have to iron out a few domain name transfer issues.
http://www.blendercycles.x10.mx/

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There's an announcement about the change at: http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/172734-disk-space-policy-change.html

It also lists a few requirements you need to fill before getting the upgrade:
Corey said:
Unmetered Requirements
- Account must be one week old
- You must be using at least 500MB of your storage space
- You must have a working website online that falls inline with our terms of service

Your account does not meet the bolded requirement, so at this point it is not eligible for an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.