14 hours WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgt tube socks

Reaction score
So can we can some sort of update other than:

MySQL Restore14 hours ago We’re having some issues with one of the MySQL servers, we may need to roll it back a few hours if we can’t get it back up. This may affect some hosting accounts until it is back online.

Posted at 8:19am

14 hours? Can you please get this back up so I can get my databases and move to another host?

Thanks.

xdevhald

Reaction score
Wait, what happen to your politeness? I guess we're now losing our cool and can't handle our precious petty website being down... Dude get a grip and go do something while they work on it. They have lives to you know!

Geez people these days...

P.S Every time you post something like this, I am going to bash you on it. Expect it...

Last edited:

tkgepz

Reaction score
bah, he's right, i've had way better hosts then x10 :eek:

the lotus server has been "choking on its boobz" almost everyday for the whole day!

we all have lives here, but that doesnt mean go rip off your clients, lol

Last edited:

btfog

Reaction score
If you don't like it why don't you leave, its totally free.... personally i wish everyone who complains about the service was banned

sclewin7

Reaction score
personally i wish everyone who complains about the service was banned
I totally agree. It is stupid to complain about something that is free. Also, who uses a free web account, ANY free web space, for anything that needs to be up 24/7. I use mine as a sandbox for ideas. All I lose is some development time.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
We're moving to a new datacenter to better your hosting experience. And your complaining about a bit of downtime?

I swear people get more and more selfish by the day.

If you don't like it, leave. We aren't going to stop you. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

tkgepz

Reaction score
a little downtime is 4 hours at the most, not a whole day, lol

you like having a dead site for 24 hours at a time leaf?

btfog

Reaction score
for the millonth time IT IS A FREE HOST like it or leave

Last edited:

sclewin7

Reaction score
a little downtime is 4 hours at the most, not a whole day, lol
Seriously, I have had paid host down for more than 24 hours and you expect a totally free (You don't even need to place adds), to constantly be up every day.

tkgepz

Reaction score
Seriously, I have had paid host down for more than 24 hours and you expect a totally free (You don't even need to place adds), to constantly be up every day.

lol, wow, for a paid host, thats even worse :eek:

sclewin7

Reaction score
lol, wow, for a paid host, thats even worse :eek:
Yes, I will admit it is bad and to make it worse that provider, http://hostpapa.com/, were even rude to me on their support forum and when I complained they deleted my post and eventually kicked me off their support forum. They are not even close to as nice as the X10Hosting guys here and I will never go back to that host.

sgt tube socks

Reaction score
First off, I posted this prior to getting a status update of WTF was going on. I didn't realize they were migrating to a new datacenter.

Secondly, bash me all you want I really don't care. See above.

Third I use XAMPP for development on a Virtual Machine, it's always up and accessible (and portable on a laptop). PHP/MySQL etc.

----------- RE: Paid Host

I had a paid host for all of four years on a dedicated server. I can remember one time I had a 2 hour outage for a proc replacement. Not bashing this company, just sayin'. I am sure their paid service, or at least I hope, is better than their free services.

----------- RE:

EDIT: * I'd just like to add that just because I am using your free service now doesn't mean I won't/wouldn't purchase a plan from you. Maybe in the future you should think about that instead of immediately telling someone to GTFO if they're complaining about uptime? Especially if the user didn't even realize a datacenter migration was underway.

Last edited:

csaforum

Reaction score
My site's been down for 5 days and counting. Yeah I'm frustrated but it's not worth complaining to anyone. They know the problem and will fix it. Hopefully it's sooner than later. But others feel your pain too bud. Count your blessings.

sgt tube socks

Reaction score
My site's been down for 5 days and counting. Yeah I'm frustrated but it's not worth complaining to anyone. They know the problem and will fix it. Hopefully it's sooner than later. But others feel your pain too bud. Count your blessings.

I didn't realize they were making a huge move like a data center migration.

Status
Not open for further replies.