2 "virginia techs" in 1 year in Finland

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This is so sad... I know I don'y live in Finland or anything, but it's sad anyway. They got this thing 2 times now in 1 year. The latest was yesterday.

The latest could have been stopped if the police had been smarter. According to swedish newspapers he was arrested on monday due to videos he uploaded to youtube where he told his plans, but he got released yesterday then he fullfilled his plan by killing 11 students then killing himself.

This is just so sad... :( :( :(

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You never know these days. There's a lot of idiots out in the world. I wonder why this second attack was on Virginia Tech again. Is there something there that someone wants?

firesteel

Reaction score
Smith6612, I am pretty certain vigge_sWe was referring to the recent school/college/university shootings that have occurred in Finland. The latest was this past Tuesday at the Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences in Kauhajoki, Finland.

10 dead:
8 female students.
1 male student.
1 male instructor.
The perpetrator then set the bodies and building on fire before shooting himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kauhajoki_school_shooting

Very sad indeed.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
@Smith6612: He meant it was an attack like Virginia Tech, not at Virginia Tech, that's why it's in quotes. ;)
I don't know why these people do this, it ends the lives of many others making their families sad and all.
I hope these people stop doing this. (Really, if they don't want to be alive, why kill others when killing yourself is sufficient?)

ChristaHelmOnline

Reaction score
I often wonder, though, if such news wasn't broadcast all over the world then maybe these things wouldn't happen - at least not so often. Seems these people want to become famous so they decided to "pull a Columbine" to do it.

techmagazine

Reaction score
These accidents are becoming a serious problem, every one who seeks revenge gets a gun and kills every body he sees.

Reaction score
I often wonder, though, if such news wasn't broadcast all over the world then maybe these things wouldn't happen - at least not so often. Seems these people want to become famous so they decided to "pull a Columbine" to do it.

I agree.

Did you see the story about the two Swedish females running down the middle of the M6 in England? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7636577.stm

We'll probably see a few more idiots doing this now because they've seen two others do it.