360 vs. ps3

cityeyes

Reaction score
I own a PS3. I've really wanted to get myself a 360, but I can't bring myself to do it. For what you pay, you get so little compared to the PS3.

Don't get me wrong, there are some awesome games on the 360 and I'm absolutely in love with the online functionality and the achievement system - unfortunately, most of the games that I'm even remotely interested in are coming to the PC as well, so that strikes down like two of the three things that I like about the console.

The PS3 as of yet still hasn't really shown its true power. Drake's Fortune really showed what a good developer can do with a PS3-exclusive non-port game, but we still don't have the INCREDIBLE amount of good games that I'd like. THe blu-ray drive already included is an absolute plus. An obligatory mention of the fact that internet is free is in order. Also the fact that I've never had any problems at all with lag or download speeds really adds to the PS3 experience.

In the future I plan on picking up a 360 just to round out everything, but for right now I'm completely happy with the PS3 and I believe that it will really flourish this year.

Sohail

Reaction score
Nothing can beat the PS3, the XBOX isn't even close compared to the amount of features the PS3 has - just wait until Home comes out ;)!

Zdroyd

Reaction score
PS3 is to expensive... And it does not have any good games, exept Resistance...

imaran

Reaction score
PS3 is to expensive... And it does not have any good games, exept Resistance...

after xbox live it's almost even so that argument is no longer valid and i've listed plenty of good games...(Uncharted: Drakes Revenge, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, etc...)(360 has Gears of War, Forza and Bioshock(which is better on PC))

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Let me tell you, I have my PS3. I might not have the fancy hi-def tvs or anything, but my friend had a 360 when they first came out, not only did it break, but I didn't like the games for it.

The PS3 has better games hand down, Gran Turismo, GTA IV (Waiting for this one), and more.

Browser

Reaction score
ps3: better in every way, it has some of the best games I've ever played, although its game supply is limited, the games that it does have wipe out all competition and its potential is greater because more games are going to be released soon, also Home will be a huge thing which will keep me stuck to my ps3 and breach the barrier of physical/electronic interaction and communication

(wow that was text book wasn't it XD)

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Someone should simply create a thread with a poll about this so we can see the better of both consoles as people may think that the xbox is good but not even close to how amazing the PS3 is. If there's anyone here who doesn't own a PS3, then they wouldn't understand how many features the thing has...!

imaran

Reaction score
Someone should simply create a thread with a poll about this so we can see the better of both consoles as people may think that the xbox is good but not even close to how amazing the PS3 is. If there's anyone here who doesn't own a PS3, then they wouldn't understand how many features the thing has...!

someone already did. two or 3 times at least. ps3 won each one that i saw

moreuse

Reaction score
PS3 got many 2008 lineups

MGS4 in on 2008 too,

actually its the matter of whatgame u like
if like jap games buy ps3
like US or any "west" games, buy 360

i myself like JRPG, so when ps3 hit 250USD i'll buy it :)

Bla3kout

Reaction score
360 ownz.
I mean look ps3 power ok but games and developers!
omg suck barely anygames to play hahaha. poor ps3

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
360 ownz.
I mean look ps3 power ok but games and developers!
omg suck barely anygames to play hahaha. poor ps3

Smart! :nuts: :hahano: Noone plays the PS3? Um, it sold out the X360 with more sales in hardware in its first 1.5 years. It also has way better games coming out than anything the X360 can bring up. Remember all the 360 games are sequals and not much new there, but the PS3 is getting Little Big Planet, etc! :cool:

FalseHope

Reaction score
Another plus to the PS3, is, you don't have to pay to get online, which is nice.

imaran

Reaction score
and you can install Windows or Linux and use USB keyboard and usb mouse. and the "more games" claim, is hardly worth posting about now. most everything is for both 360 and ps3, so many 360 owners are so wrapped up in that they can buy it for 360 that they don't even check to see if ps3 has it too (ie Assassin's Creed which was originally to be a ps3 exclusibe btw (which is why i think it's better on the ps3 unlike most of the 360 to ps3 ports)). most 360 exclusives aren't anything special outside of Gears of War really. PS3 has Uncharted and will have Haze and MGS4 so the shooter genre will go to PS3. Drivers will be a toss up with Forza vs Gran Turismo, Forza is just ok IMO but i've never been amazed by the series where others have so I will say it's a toss up despite my own opinion there. PS3 will have far more exclusive RPGs and they have the one RPG series that really matters, Final Fantasy.

Last edited:

Archkronos

Reaction score
I'm giggleing at this.

Microsoft don't make a profit from the X360 hardware. Sony make a profit with their PS3 sales, which probably explains why exactly they can make Playstation Network free.

numberone

Reaction score
the ps3 is good and it is more future proofed with bluray n stuff but i hate playstation controllers and i cant use them as well as xbox 360 controllers and in the end its all about gameplay so id have to choose xbox 360