360 vs. ps3

skai123

Reaction score
Xbox 360 rocks, it's good because it's cheaper than PS3, but doesn't have the same processing power but was the first console in this generation. I'm a FPS lover so it's the right console for me.

seems like there are more shooters for the ps3 than the 360, lol

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
seems like there are more shooters for the ps3 than the 360, lol

If you're going to state something that silly at least back it up with why you believe that. Obviously it's not true.

If we're comparing shooters in general both third person and first person shooters the Xbox 360 wins hands down.

If we're comparing just third person shooters, the Xbox 360 wins hands down.

If we're comparing just first person shooters, the Xbox 360 wins hands down.

Sure, to you it may seem like the PS3 has more shooters, but your views are clearly distorted with bias toward the PS3.

skai123

Reaction score
If you're going to state something that silly at least back it up with why you believe that. Obviously it's not true.

If we're comparing shooters in general both third person and first person shooters the Xbox 360 wins hands down.

If we're comparing just third person shooters, the Xbox 360 wins hands down.

If we're comparing just first person shooters, the Xbox 360 wins hands down.

Sure, to you it may seem like the PS3 has more shooters, but your views are clearly distorted with bias toward the PS3.

List 360 exclusive shooter games, and i will list ps3 exlusive shooters.

I think you are just bias against ps3.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
List 360 exclusive shooter games, and i will list ps3 exlusive shooters.

I think you are just bias against ps3.

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Call of Duty 2 (Console Exclusive)
Call of Juarez
F.E.A.R Files
Gears of War 1
Gears of War 2
Grand Theft auto 4: The Lost and Damned
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Huxley
Left4Dead (console exclusive)
Perfect Dark Zero
Portal: Still Alive
Postal 3 (Console Exclusive)
Prey (Console Exclusive)
Quake 4 (Console Exclusive)
Saint's Row
Shadowrun (Console Exclusive)
The Outfit

I'm not biased against the PS3, I just don't distort the facts. I like the PS3, it's just not that good compared to the 360.

skai123

Reaction score
technically
GTA4 and FEAR that you listed is just addon/package. so...

POSTAL 3 is also coming out for PS3...

Battlefield 2 is out on ps2/xbox too

same with GRAW

trying to beef up the list huh?

Resistance
Warhawk
Uncharted
Time Crisis 4
Haze
Socom: Confrontation
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
M.A.G.
The Agency (console exclusive)
Quantum Theory
L.A. Noire
Uncharted 2
Punisher: No Mercy

and some of the games you listed are also on computer.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
technically
GTA4 and FEAR that you listed is just addon/package. so...

They are exclusive regardless of being expansions.

POSTAL 3 is also coming out for PS3...

Show me proof. It's not been announced for the PS3. It's listed as a "maybe" at most.

Battlefield 2 is out on ps2/xbox too

It's still only on the 360, not PS3. It's also the best version hands down.
same with GRAW

The last gen versions were garbage compared to the 360 version.
and some of the games you listed are also on computer.

It doesn't matter if they are on the PC. The whole argument is games for consoles, not games for PC. This is 360 vs PS3. Hence them being console exclusive. The PS3 can't even compete with the 360's shooters.

skai123

Reaction score
I'm not biased against the PS3, I just don't distort the facts. I like the PS3, it's just not that good compared to the 360.

you don't even have own a PS3 (or even played it?), so of course you are going to be bias against the PS3.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you don't even have own a PS3 (or even played it?), so of course you are going to be bias against the PS3.

First off, I have played it, a lot. I do not need to own one to present my views. I've stated before that the PS3 is good at what it does, but it's just not the top choice for gaming. It's a great second choice.

Secondly, how am I biased against the PS3 if what I say is the truth? It's just me correcting the errors of individuals who throw out statements that have no credibility and/or comments that just have no thought put into them.

On a side note, I really appreciate your counter arguments as well as presenting new ones that would otherwise made this thread die. You've continually, a long with a few others, made this thread worthwhile by actually presenting worthwhile arguments at the same time avoiding the bland "xbox 360 is teh bestest" or "ps3 rulz" that has plagued this thread.

Finally, having an opposition who can paint a fresh perspective on the debate is always good. I think we can both agree on that.

skai123

Reaction score
First off, I have played it, a lot. I do not need to own one to present my views. I've stated before that the PS3 is good at what it does, but it's just not the top choice for gaming. It's a great second choice.

Secondly, how am I biased against the PS3 if what I say is the truth? It's just me correcting the errors of individuals who throw out statements that have no credibility and/or comments that just have no thought put into them.

On a side note, I really appreciate your counter arguments as well as presenting new ones that would otherwise made this thread die. You've continually, a long with a few others, made this thread worthwhile by actually presenting worthwhile arguments at the same time avoiding the bland "xbox 360 is teh bestest" or "ps3 rulz" that has plagued this thread.

Finally, having an opposition who can paint a fresh perspective on the debate is always good. I think we can both agree on that.

yup, just having some fun here, xD

but i should have said that ps3 is taking over 360's "shooter" mentality, and 360 is getting more rpg's, this is what i see at this moment in time.

Killzone 2 is also looking to be great, FPS of the year?

rayvyn

Reaction score
In this gen id have to go with the xbox 360
due to the fact that its THE console for RPG's

Harshboy

Reaction score
Xbox 360 destroys the PS3.

PS3 is too expensive and doesn't have the userbase like Xbox 360 does. Is an extra $200 really worth slightly better graphics and less games? I didn't think so.

Last edited:

jdsbax

Reaction score
All I have to say is BLUERAY :biggrin:

Oh, and a better on line play plan. I hate xbox live...

skai123

Reaction score
Xbox 360 destroys the PS3.

PS3 is too expensive and doesn't have the userbase like Xbox 360 does. Is an extra $200 really worth slightly better graphics and less games? I didn't think so.

are you comparing the core 360 (199) to 80gb ps3 (399)?
and userbase? who cares about that?
less games? no duh, 360 is out 1 year before ps3... 360 better have more games. lol

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
are you comparing the core 360 (199) to 80gb ps3 (399)?
and userbase? who cares about that?
less games? no duh, 360 is out 1 year before ps3... 360 better have more games. lol

Userbase is very important. The bigger the userbase the more games.

I'll stick with PC.

Please post relating to the topic. It's not about PCs, it's about consoles.