403 Error with videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

directo2

Reaction score
Okay, a while back my account had gotten temporally suspended because I hadn't long on x10hosting for a little while. I restored it like they said I could, then shortly after I wasn't able to upload videos on my site, and neither can my members. I haven't gone over my limit. And every time someone tries to upload a video through embedding it shows the 403 error.
You don't have permission to access /video/add on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can someone help me? I don't think I will get this solved soon.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
sounds like a permission issue. can you check all your directories and file permissions?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
also mod_security settings will throw a 404 error if it sees a "leaky" response and a 403 error if it sees a "shady" request

directo2

Reaction score
Where would I find what you all are talking about? I don't see where that might be.

rebootedc79

Reaction score
I'm having exactly the same trouble with some ajax submits. When the submit content has the word "hentai" the server refuses to process it and throws a 403 - Forbidden error and additionally, a 404 - not found.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The "additionally, a 404..." is meaningless, really -- it simply says that you don't have a custom 403 error page in place. And yes, mod_security is there to, among other things, reduce the incidence of copyright infringement on x10Hosting's servers, as well as to prevent cross-site scripting attacks and so forth.

directo2

Reaction score
Could I possibly get an answer on where I might find the script? I know some script, but I am not a pro.

directo2

Reaction score
How would I get this problem solved? I'm in the process of upgrading the site so I can get more help, but if anyone here can help me solve this problem it would still be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.