403 Forbidden Error when I try to access my website

Status
Not open for further replies.

synerg10

Reaction score
When I go to visit my website it tells me forbidden error 404, but it was working last night.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Your website is loading fine here. Please disable your proxy or VPN, and try again. ;)

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score

phclausx

Reaction score
@bdistler: That's a funny macro you've got there about checking IP's ;) However, my own IP has little to do with a server returning a 403. That only hints at a missing default index and also a missing default 404. I've read through some other related posts and that brought me to run a test against my own site, which as of recently has never been associated with spam in any way. Sadly, the shared IP it was assigned by x10 DNS appears on not one, not two, but three black-lists. Hm...

I understand there is always a risk with free hosting, but sure enough there are also plenty of mechanisms to fight back. Sorry if this reads like hijacking someone elses thread, but I'd very much appreciate if either you, or a qualified admin with sufficient rights could have a look into the matter and post back, thank you.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
That only hints at a missing default index and also a missing default 404
the OP was trying to access his site with a IP address that is on one or more black-list used by x10hosting - for that the server returned a 403 error code
- as it says in the subject line of this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.