404 Error on page that already exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

growtho2

Reaction score
@essellar Now, whenever I publish it goes right back to the 404 error. I tried checking the HTA access file and the only thing I changed was updated an iTunes link. Anyway I can get the instructions how to fix this, it reverted right back to the error from before :/

growtho2

Reaction score
@essellar Now, whenever I publish it goes right back to the 404 error. I tried checking the HTA access file and the only thing I changed was updated an iTunes link. Anyway I can get the instructions how to fix this, it reverted right back to the error from before :/

phoeni66

Reaction score
I have created a website for a unit on my creative media course I can still open it up in cPanel to make any edits but can't open it up in the domain as there is a 404 message on every page, I've tried countless times in trying to solve the problem but have got NO idea...can someone please help me? Thanks.

Lewis.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I have created a website for a unit on my creative media course I can still open it up in cPanel to make any edits but can't open it up in the domain as there is a 404 message on every page, I've tried countless times in trying to solve the problem but have got NO idea...can someone please help me? Thanks.

Lewis.
Hi Lewis,

Until the issue is fixed, you can add the line "RewriteBase /" to your .htaccess file to temporarily fix the issue.

Thank you,

justinm5

Reaction score
Hello,

I've tried the fix for my .htaccess file but it doesn't seem to work. On the home page it's still just black and white text with messed up formatting. On the other pages I can see my background and some semblance of my formatting but it's still messed up.

Maybe something else is messed up in my .htaccess file. Here it is:

# Powered by x10Premium.com
DirectoryIndex index.php index.cgi index.html
ErrorDocument 401 "Unauthorized"
ErrorDocument 403 "Forbidden"
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
#### PERSISTENT CONTENT ####

#### PERSISTENT CONTENT END ####

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ sitepro/$1 [L,QSA]

*Edit* nevermind, seems to be working now, my bad

tsnetwor

Reaction score
Hello,

I've tried the fix for my .htaccess file but it doesn't seem to work. On the home page it's still just black and white text with messed up formatting. On the other pages I can see my background and some semblance of my formatting but it's still messed up.

Maybe something else is messed up in my .htaccess file. Here it is:

# Powered by x10Premium.com
DirectoryIndex index.php index.cgi index.html
ErrorDocument 401 "Unauthorized"
ErrorDocument 403 "Forbidden"
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

#### PERSISTENT CONTENT END ####

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ sitepro/$1 [L,QSA]

*Edit* nevermind, seems to be working now, my bad

Hello. If you have a premium account, then you should login into your hosting panel and open a support ticket from there. Unless, I'm mistaken, which you should let me know.

lipstic3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the trouble here; there were some recent changes to our web server's configuration, and this is causing some unusual problems with mod_rewrite. Higher staff are currently working on a solution, but in the meantime, you should be able to add the line "RewriteBase /" (assuming you are rewriting on the root of your domain) to your .htaccess file to fix the problem.

Thank you,

lipstic3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the trouble here; there were some recent changes to our web server's configuration, and this is causing some unusual problems with mod_rewrite. Higher staff are currently working on a solution, but in the meantime, you should be able to add the line "RewriteBase /" (assuming you are rewriting on the root of your domain) to your .htaccess file to fix the problem.

Thank you,

lipstic3

Reaction score
how do you fix it? I know nothing about it. I wish someone from the server could fix my pages

growtho2

Reaction score
how do you fix it? I know nothing about it. I wish someone from the server could fix my pages

Hey mate, I saw no one addressed your question so hopefully I can help since I had the same problem. After you login to your account, go to your file manager. Then where you have your server installed you want to right click on the file that says htaccess and select edit code. That is where you add the line "RewriteBase /"

You just add it right under where it says "RewriteEngine On" and then save the file

lipstic3

Reaction score
Hey mate, I saw no one addressed your question so hopefully I can help since I had the same problem. After you login to your account, go to your file manager. Then where you have your server installed you want to right click on the file that says htaccess and select edit code. That is where you add the line "RewriteBase /"

You just add it right under where it says "RewriteEngine On" and then save the file
THANK YOU so much smiles..it worked !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.