404: Page not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

talk2azs

Reaction score
My root html folder does contain both an default.htm and a index.php. But when accessing talk2azs.x10host.com from a web browser, everyone gets this message: 404: Page not found

I have sub folders in the directory also, and those index.php work just fine. My x2 cpanel showed me not having any websites created. When I changed to the x3, it worked fine. But the root web pages are not executing. I am able to read txt files in the root folder from my web browser though. just not the default.htm and the index.php files. File permissions look to be set properly also.

Please look into this issue.

Thanks

talk2azs

Reaction score
Update after a little more testing. My site is on server X02. I am able to access all .php, .htm, .html filed except the ones that are named index.html, index.htm, index.php, default.htm, default.html. Using my ftp client, I downloaded all of the default and index files listed above, and they looked and worked fine on a different test web server.

SO to me it looks like hosting server X02 is having some sort of issue processing the root default web pages.

Again, please check to see what is going on.

Thanks.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi talk2azs,

I tried going to your website, and saw the 404 page. However, it looks like your index file is HTML frame that references a webpage on www.live365.com, and that website is serving the 404 page, not x10Hosting.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.