50 users is the maxium on ftp

deafatlantic

Reaction score
Is there a way to expand the ftp access as there's 50 users are already on the site and its maximized .. and I keep trying all morning to get on it to upload my items.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm confused by what you mean. 50 user accounts or 50 users accessing FTP at one time? Either way, you shouldn't be anywhere near that :/

~Callum

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
All the free servers limit the number of concurrent connections to 50. This is limit is sometimes hit because people try to run their FTP clients with multiple streams activated, which mean each user may use 5 or so of those connections.
However, this limit is in place to limit abuse of the FTP server thorough the use of too many concurrent connections and I cannot see that this will be raised any time soon.

Conmiro

Reaction score
I think he thinks the reason his website is slowing down is because he has 50 members on his website, not 50 ftp accounts. I think he might be confused, but I'm not positive.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I think he thinks the reason his website is slowing down is because he has 50 members on his website, not 50 ftp accounts. I think he might be confused, but I'm not positive.

You are confused; the issue is about the maximum connections allowed on the x10hosting free server's via FTP. That limit is set to 50 - it outright rejects it if more than 50 are trying to use FTP at once on any one particular free server.

Not trying to be harsh or anything, just trying to make sure we're all on the same page :)

Conmiro

Reaction score
Yes I know that that's what the issue seems to be, but I'm saying I think that he thinks ftp accounts is just accounts on a website. I know what ftp accounts are but I don't think the thread creator does; I mean, who has 50 ftp accounts >.>?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes I know that that's what the issue seems to be, but I'm saying I think that he thinks ftp accounts is just accounts on a website. I know what ftp accounts are but I don't think the thread creator does; I mean, who has 50 ftp accounts >.>?

The 50 FTP connections limit is server wide, rather than per user, meaning that if there are 50 other users actively connected to FTP, the server would reject any further connections. And no one here could have 50 FTP accounts in one hosting account.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score

*raises hand*