500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellsplumber

Reaction score
I only recently managed to get my account unsuspended. But now it is back up and running, I've found that I cannot access the PHP pages of my site.

hellsplumber.x10hosting.com/email.php

I know there isn't any errors in the php code as it worked fine before the suspension, and it's file permissions are set to 0777.

It was all working perfectly before I was suspended due to the bugs while x10hosting was updating its site, any help would really be appreciated!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Set the permissions to 0755

hellsplumber

Reaction score
I've just changed it to that and the page is accessable now, however it doesn't work anymore.

It was used to recieve information from a form, that would then send it to email.php for it to send to my email address. It was working perfectly before with permissions set to 0777 but now I'm not recieving the mail at all.

I've tested the email account is working, I've tested the form and the php code so I know everything is fine myside.

Is there anything I can do? I think I really need those permissions.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you check your spam folder, I have verified mail is working on your server.

hellsplumber

Reaction score
I have been checkin my spam folder and I emailed that account directly from another to ensure that it wasnt just the email account that was having issues.
The PHP file sends to an @hotmail.co.uk address, not my x10 server mail.

As I say, it was all working fine with 0777 permissions before, but after the site updated and I had to change the permissions it seems that the php cannot send data out, only recieve it =/

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
There is not much we can do besides verify mail is working. I'm not able to troubleshoot other scripts.

hellsplumber

Reaction score
I understand that, but I know it's not my script thats the problem.
When I set the php to the permissions I need, i get the 500 server error =/

Why arent I allowed to choose the permissions it needs?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Because that is the server configuration the Staff has decided upon to make things run smoothly for the majority of users.

Try posting the script in the Programming Help forum and see if someone can find a fix.

The owner of x10hosting has verified that PHP mail scripts will work. I have also verified that PHP and Perl email scripts work on Chopin and Boru. Stoli should be no different.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Also 777 permissions pose a security risk as most users do not know how to protect their files. There are also ways around needing 777 permissions. Try looking up different ways of running your script. Alternatively if you want more freedom i recommend upgrading to our paid hosting services at http://x10premium.com

Status
Not open for further replies.