500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

classiccliffhangers

Reaction score
Since the change of servers I get the following all the time:
500 Internal Server Error

Whenever I try to log in to either my Prestashop admin page or change pages or even just trying to access my site as a customer.
I don't get any business through my site as I am still setting the business up, so I am not losing any business through this at the moment. However, I am now looking for an alternative hosting site as this has recently become too unreliable. Will anything be done about this? Why is it happening?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure your permissions are not set to 777, they need to be 755 or below.

classiccliffhangers

Reaction score
I just went over them checking the file permissions and they were fine, the problem is it only happens some times.

It'll work half the time fine but the rest of the time I get that error.

Not working yet again as I write this

Last edited:

classiccliffhangers

Reaction score
I am still getting the above error.
This happens sometimes when I'm in my Prestashop Admin Panel and sometimes when I try using the site as a customer.
I have reset just about all permissions from 777 to 755. Some I have left lower (644). I cannot see what else I can do.
I am emptying the cache before I use the site but it is still happening. As a customer, I would not come back to my site. I wouldn't trust it. As the administrator, I also no longer trust it. Before you made your server changes it all worked fine. It took me a long time to work things out but eventually I got there. Now I'm back to square one. If you were a potential customer, would you use my site? I think not. Go on, try it. There's a test product on there which won't cost you anything (just remember to use a UK address). See if you can successfully log in and purchase the product without getting a 500 Internal Server Error, or alternatively "the page you are looking for is not available".

Please feel free to change any settings in my site if you think you can get it working, because at the moment the site is useless to me. I have just signed up with another web hosting provider and am about to start all over again which will once again take me another three or four weeks.

Not even my son can sort things out. By the way, he's very happy with his site, but then he pays you for his hosting and says his site is on different servers.

I can't even contact you on the email address that appears on the error page:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

no-reply@x10hosting.com

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Yes paid accounts are on different servers.

I did run a command server side to recursively set all files to chmod 644 and all folders to 755, I can now browse your site without any errors (using the domain keyworker.x10hosting.com).

Status
Not open for further replies.