500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace_case

Reaction score
Before the issues recently, my website was working fine. Now it's giving me a 500 Internal Server Error. Removing the .htaccess fixed the problem, but I have quite a bit in it. I didn't change the .htaccess before it started not working.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
This was related to the "SetEnvIfNoCase" lines in your htaccess. I've fixed the issue.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
x10hosting has gone back to running [ Apache ] from [ LiteSpeed ] on the free-hosting servers
[ Apache ] does not like some things in the [ .htaccess ] that [ LiteSpeed ] had no issues with

ace_case

Reaction score
It appears to be related to these lines:
Code:
RewriteRule ^stories/([a-zA-Z0-9_-\s]*)/s/([a-zA-Z0-9_-\s]*)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-\s]*) stories.php?Genre=$1&Sort=$2&Order=$3 [QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^stories/s/([a-zA-Z0-9_-\s]*)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-\s]*) stories.php?Sort=$1&Order=$2 [QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^stories/s/([a-zA-Z0-9_-\s]*) stories.php?Sort=$1 [QSA,NC]
RewriteRule ^stories/([a-zA-Z0-9_-\s]*) stories.php?Genre=$1 [QSA,NC]

EDIT: Apparently it was related to the regex in these statements. I changed it to .* and they all work fine. .* shouldn't cause any issues in urls should it? I make sure all url parameters match an entry in an array, so I think it should be fine.

Last edited:

cuetrafi77

Reaction score
I rather suggest you to remove the part you may added in your .htaccess to resolve an error.
I added "SecFilterEngine Off" few months back and now removed that part and everything works fine.
I added this line because one of fellow community member told me to resolve an error.
If you too have it; delete this line, save the file and have a try. Hope it will help.

ace_case

Reaction score
My problem is solved now. I changed those regexes to (.*) and it all works fine now. I didn't have anything like that in my .htaccess. The only thing other than the redirects and error pages was the lines blocking semalt from messing with my analytics.

Status
Not open for further replies.