500 internal server error

Status
Not open for further replies.

textygam

Reaction score
Hello there, on two of my pages i get the error in the spoiler before, i emailed the person listed.. Was wondering if anyone here knows a fix for this? going to the self help area didn't help at all.. my .htaccess is blank like it was when i first joined here too so that's not it

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at corey@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

textygam

Reaction score
anyone out there know a fix for this? if it helps i can link to the pages that give this error aswell

decoderx

Reaction score
getting the same problem here plus my directory doesn't show hidden files

decoderx

Reaction score
Hi
I edited the .htacces in the public_html directory like suggested by the moderator in the sticky post

AuthName "public_html"
#AuthUserFile "/home/decoderx/.htpasswds/public_html/passwd"
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
#Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .html

Commenting the 2 lines out makes the 500 Error disappear, but so are cgi scripts too.

textygam

Reaction score
Hi
I edited the .htacces in the public_html directory like suggested by the moderator in the sticky post

AuthName "public_html"
#AuthUserFile "/home/decoderx/.htpasswds/public_html/passwd"
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
#Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .html

Commenting the 2 lines out makes the 500 Error disappear, but so are cgi scripts too.
the problem is, my htaccess is blank, just like it was when i made an account here...

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello there, on two of my pages i get the error in the spoiler before, i emailed the person listed.. Was wondering if anyone here knows a fix for this? going to the self help area didn't help at all.. my .htaccess is blank like it was when i first joined here too so that's not it
Hi textygam,

The file "Safe.php" has the following line in it:
PHP:
<? require("Safe.php"); ?>
The file is trying to include itself, creating an infinite loop. When the server gives up on the request, it shows the 500 error message. ;)

Hi decoderx,

Yes, we recently made some changes to the options we allow in our customer's .htaccess files, and ExecCGI is no longer an allowed option. Although they may have been working previously, we haven't supported CGI on free hosting for years, and unfortunately, we cannot allow our free hosting customers to execute CGI scripts at this time. :(

Thank you,

textygam

Reaction score
ahh thanks for that, i dont know how i missed that o_O but i'll change it and see if it works, thanks :)

textygam

Reaction score
yes another 500 error, this time trying to get into cpanel..

Internal Server Error

failed to open session lockfile: FILE=/var/cpanel/sessions/raw/textygam:yROkhI7vUgldZHrmPlyhysmU27cLxkUR3mSgVNRR3MtXFSXOQhi6p4hjiyN3ilY3.lock, No space left on device at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Session.pm line 261.

cpsrvd/11.48.4.7 Server at xo5.x10hosting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.