503 Backend Fetch Failed + Unable to access cPanel via web or through Filezilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedpatte

Reaction score
Sorry to bother, but I was getting the "503 Backend Fetch Failed" message when I visited my site and, when attempting to update some of my files, it seems that my files have been moved, deleted, or the server simply can't connect.

Please help!

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
it seems that my files have been moved, deleted, or the server simply can't connect
IF your account is on x10hosting's free-hosting server [ xo2 ] - that server is having up/down (to the Internet) issues today
the Admens need to fix it

whitmore

Reaction score
Thank you for the info.

Panic started to set in when my site would not load.
put in a lot of work last night.

Hope they sort it soon, can't really complain to a free host

whitmore

Reaction score
Do you know if I would have to re-build my site or will it all be back once the server issues are resolved?

I'm new to wordpress & all this in general. Didn't think of backing up or even know how to do it.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Do you know if I would have to re-build my site or will it all be back once the server issues are resolved?
your site will be back up after the server issue(s) are fixed

ozone1x1

Reaction score
Yes, I'm having the same issues with server xo2 also i.e. backend 503 fetch failures and cPanel is also extremely slow. FTP using Godzilla fails to connect. Several days ago this same error was occurring for ftp uploads for WP Duplicator files during the xo2 server install. I got around this by using All-in-One WP Migration to finally get my website installed.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

There are currently some intermittent issues on xo2. We are investigating these issues, and I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing.

Thank you,

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, can't connect to webmail either. Why is the status page showing all services online?

liquex10

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, I really just need to get to the database so that I can migrate it, as I really need to complete changes. Can you advise on when this will be resolved?
Thanks!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is fully resolved but the server seems to be stabilizing somewhat on our end; if you're trying to snag a database or any files now's probably a good time.

I'm still trying to dig in further to identify exactly what had the server so ornery, something certainly did though.

Edit: Should clarify, it's still ornery, but it looks to be a good chunk better than it was earlier.

liquex10

Reaction score
Mine is still having issues - still getting this:
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 97124409

Varnish cache server

ozone1x1

Reaction score
The issue Livewire remains, no site access i.e. backend fetch failure, no FTP and no (or extremely slow) Control Panel for more than 6 or so hours. This to me is a complete failure of the xo2 server (or something related to it) and little to do with intermittent issues at your end. This should be reflected in your server status as Red as clearly it's not Green. Cheers

theengli

Reaction score
Same here - no website access at all - 503 error.
Waiting and hoping.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Whatever had it upset before came back; I've notified senior staff but my limited experience here is exhausted (I'm trained for the abuse stuff, not necessarily server management). As soon as they get the messages they'll dig in and try to get it stable and identify what exactly is going awry and causing it to have one of the worst days I can remember...

meapx10m

Reaction score
Facing the same issue since last day. I thought the issue is with my website because "Status" of server was perfect according to status.x10hosting.com . I hope it get fixed soon :)

whitmore

Reaction score
This issue is now back.

funnily enough this issue began around the same time yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.