503 Service unavailable on xo2

Status
Not open for further replies.

frackque

Reaction score
Hi, I have started to get these error when trying to access my web site on xo2 but there are no reports of server errors in the forum, can anyone help with this? thanks.

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 45294631

Varnish cache server

caftpx10

Reaction score
I seem to be also getting a 503 on xo2, but it's not from Varnish cache, rather it's from Apache (Service Unavailable).

frackque

Reaction score
I got the varnish cache error when i tried to access a php page directly on my site. (the site uses Wordpress). I seem to be able to access html pages ok if I specify the page but not php pages. I can see all files in control panel and can access the sql manager. Now I can only get the first 503 - Service unavailable.

frackque

Reaction score
OK xo2 is now flagged as down on the status page. I guess the admins are aware of the problem.

frackque

Reaction score
Back again while trying to log in to wp: Status page again says no problems (49 up 0 issues 0 down)
And the mysql database is now offline in control panel...
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 57314799

Varnish cache server

frackque

Reaction score
Now that I happened to look further down the status page, I can see that there is maintenance scheduled for today, what happened to the old system that stated maintenance plans at the top of the page?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

There are currently no problems on xo2, and your website seems to be loading fine. Are you still having issues? :)

Thank you,

frackque

Reaction score
Hi Dead-i the website is responding fine again now thanks, it came back shortly after the last post but I was assuming there would be more outages if there was maintenance scheduled. i have checked again and all is ok thank you. My misunderstanding is due to maintenance schedule declaring 04 Apr 2015 12:00am EDT - 04 Apr 2015 1:30am EDT which translates here as 4am to 5.30 GMT.

caftpx10

Reaction score
I was using an AJAX form and it seems that most of the time I would get a 503 Backend fetch failed, 503 Service Unavailable, and a loop detected response [408 I think, ignore this as I was pressing the button quickly as it was getting those other responses]).

pslat

Reaction score
Caftpx10 - did you find a solution then or does it still happen? My latest new error is about insufficient resources. I'm holding out to see if it gets resolved:,

caftpx10

Reaction score
My scripts are pretty light on resources, so I don't think it would be something that would cause the issues.
Anyway, it looks like it has solved itself. (Un)fortunately, there's no 'loop detected' HTTP response when sending in a short amount of time (as discovered when the errors were going on).

frackque

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Caftpx10, things seemed to have settled back to normal on the server now so hopefully they'll stay that way:)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
There was an issue with PHP creating a socket file for every request and not cleaning up after itself thereby generating hundreds of thousands of left behind files. This caused some issues on issues a couple different times... I believe it should be resolved though.

If you're experiencing any other issues please provide as much information as possible regarding what errors and what time so we can look into it in more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.