503 service unavailable wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

paski

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been getting the error 503 service unavailable on my wordpress admin site. Sometimes, my admin panel gets too slow. Please help.

semsemx1

Reaction score
Timezone is rather unimportant, I think...but it's still happening. Almost on every form submission. Retries are needed. It last happened to me a minute ago.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Timezone is rather unimportant, I think...

The Admins need your timezone so they can convert it to the server's timezone - to find your issue in their logs which have a time-stamp with the server's timezone

paski

Reaction score
Hi here is the error on my error log.

2013-11-04 20:31:02.243 [INFO] [122.152.142.90:49721-0#APVH_movieblogwatcher.x10host.com] File not found [/home/movieblo/public_html/503.shtml]
2013-11-04 20:29:07.865 [INFO] [122.152.142.90:46272-0#APVH_movieblogwatcher.x10host.com] File not found [/home/movieblo/public_html/503.shtml]

time zone is UTC+8.
@Ohso - After reading through the thread you specified, it seems it is a backend server issue and no one has really addressed the concern yet.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hello, the 503 error is happening on your account due to your account attempting to utilize more than 2 GB of memory at one instant. Do you have any non-standard WordPress modifications made or plugins installed on your installation?

paski

Reaction score
Thanks Bryon. I am thinking of removing the recent plugins that I am using to try identify the cause of the issue. However, I can no longer login to my admin account. It now says, "couldn't connect to host". Can you assist me with a workaround?
Hello, the 503 error is happening on your account due to your account attempting to utilize more than 2 GB of memory at one instant. Do you have any non-standard WordPress modifications made or plugins installed on your installation?

paski

Reaction score
Okay. I was able to do a workaround by using CPanel and deleting the plugin folder "Optify". After that, it now allows me to login to my admin account. I'll update this thread if I no longer get any error messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.