"A DNS entry already exists, remove it from all servers in the DNS cluster first."

Status
Not open for further replies.

minipullin62

Reaction score
Hi, could a staff member please look into this:
I'm trying add a domain name (carolsinthepark.com.au) to my hosting account (username: ipullin) from another hosting account. I have changed the Name-servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, and removed the domain from my other account. But when I go to add it to my current account, I receive this error:
A DNS entry for “carolsinthepark.com.au” already exists, remove it from all servers in the DNS cluster first.
The domain has previously been with x10Hosting or x10Premium, including this account in the past. The domain seems to have stopped working with x10 after my files were restored after the migration on this account, so something wrong has happened somewhere, like the restoring of my files restored the domain as well, but not fully? It feels like the domain is set up on my 'ipullin' account, it shows up as an option on the 'redirects' page, but not shown as a domain under 'add-on domains'.

Something I don't think I can fix myself, but in the server somehow.

Thanks,
iPullin.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The domain does point to an x10 related IP, however not one of the free hosting, so would likely be present on one of the premium servers. I would not have access to remove it from any of those servers, do you have any access to clients area of premium hosting? If so it might be faster to ask there to have it properly removed from the server you had an account on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.