A few questions about moving from free to premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

macman2

Reaction score
Hello, I am thinking about moving to premium and wanted to know a few things first.

1) Is Paypal CHECKOUT (not subscribe) Available?

2) Can i keep the same domain (blahblah.x10.mx)?

3) Can everything be moved over to the new premium hosting? for example, databases, settings, email's, websites etc

4) Will there be a huge interruption when moving to premium?

Thanks for everyone's time.

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
1) Not sure, someone else will be able to help you with that.
2) I think a staff member is able to migrate your domain to x10Premium.
3) Yes, on the signup form for Premium there is an option that says 'x10Hosting Account Transfer'. By ticking this and entering your cPanel username, your account should be migrated.
4) Likely there will be minimum downtime (ie. a few minutes); however it is possible it could take a few hours to transfer

macman2

Reaction score
1) Not sure, someone else will be able to help you with that.
2) I think a staff member is able to migrate your domain to x10Premium.
3) Yes, on the signup form for Premium there is an option that says 'x10Hosting Account Transfer'. By ticking this and entering your cPanel username, your account should be migrated.
4) Likely there will be minimum downtime (ie. a few minutes); however it is possible it could take a few hours to transfer

Thanks for this info, As soon as i know the answer to question 1, I will probably upgrade very soon :D

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hosting is a recurring thing, hence why we use subscriptions and not checkout. If you decide you no longer wish to host with us, you can simply cancel the subscription from paypal and the hosting plan from the x10hosting client panel. As such, if checkout is not an option when attempting to sign up, that is why.

macman2

Reaction score
Hosting is a recurring thing, hence why we use subscriptions and not checkout. If you decide you no longer wish to host with us, you can simply cancel the subscription from paypal and the hosting plan from the x10hosting client panel. As such, if checkout is not an option when attempting to sign up, that is why.

Then I shall not be upgrading, Subscribe is not a option I can do. Thanks anyway

EDIT
I have a few other monthly charges that I pay for with Paypal Checkout, so why is this different?

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
As stated above, I don't actually know what we use (it didn't say when trying to place an order before getting to the phone verification, and I pay with credit card myself). I was just stating that in the event that premium used checkout, that would be the reason why.

EDIT: I see I missed a crucial word in my above post, it was meant to say "hence why we might use subscriptions and not checkout" -- so I apologize for any confusion. I know for a fact we use subscriptions on prime/illuminated, but I do not know what is used for premium.

Last edited:

macman2

Reaction score
As stated above, I don't actually know what we use (it didn't say when trying to place an order before getting to the phone verification, and I pay with credit card myself). I was just stating that in the event that premium used checkout, that would be the reason why.

Oh, so your saying i should try and see? Thanks

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Yes, I was unable to get ahold of the admins (and probably won't be able to get a response for another few hours), so if you're willing to wait a few hours I can get you a definitive answer, otherwise trying it out would be the fastest way.

macman2

Reaction score
Yes, I was unable to get ahold of the admins (and probably won't be able to get a response for another few hours), so if you're willing to wait a few hours I can get you a definitive answer, otherwise trying it out would be the fastest way.

Ok, ill wait, unless someone else knows. If you use WHCMS (I think its called that) I know that supports it, but it depends if x10premium has it enabled.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Got a reply from Corey, who says "I believe either can be picked, subscriptions are not forced" -- and yes, we use WHMCS for premium and VPS

macman2

Reaction score
Got a reply from Corey, who says "I believe either can be picked, subscriptions are not forced" -- and yes, we use WHMCS for premium and VPS

Thanks, I have ordered and am waiting for the account and domain to change over. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.