A few questions about x10 Hostings free hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

khdevx12

Reaction score
I'm looking to set up a website to display my online designs such as skins, themes and templates and offer them for free download. Currently my traffic is low (10-75 page views a day) so haven't opted for a paid hosting plan yet as i'm still in the early stages and only provide free content. So my questions are:

1. How much disk-space do free accounts get?
  2. Any bandwidth limits?
  3. Site uptime average?
  4. Would it be advisable to run 2 scripts on 1 site (Wordpress & Simple Machines Forum)?
  5. Do X10 ever post ads on a free site?
  6. Is there any restrictions on free accounts?
  7. Are full backups available (Database and website)
Thanks in advance if you take the time to answer my questions. It's just hard to find a decent free host these days (i know you get what pay for and will obviously take up paid hosting once my project picks up)

KHDev

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi KHDev,

Welcome to x10Hosting! I'll do my best to answer your questions. :)

On our free hosting service, we offer completely unmetered disk space for free. When an account is created, you will start with either 512MB or 1024MB disk space, and you can request to be upgraded to unmetered if you follow the requirements at this this link. Upgrades to unmetered are free. :)

Any bandwidth limits?
We also offer unmetered bandwidth limits on our free hosting service. ;)

Site uptime average?
Though I do not have any exact figure to give you on this one, we do try to maintain excellent uptime on our free hosting servers. The statistics I've seen reveal that our free hosting servers have been consistently maintaining over 99% uptime, week by week (with the exception of some issues we were having a few weeks ago). :)

Would it be advisable to run 2 scripts on 1 site (Wordpress & Simple Machines Forum)?
You can run as many scripts as you want on free hosting. We don't limit this. ;)

Do X10 ever post ads on a free site?
We will never force you to place ads on your websites, whether free or paid. :)

Is there any restrictions on free accounts?
It depends what you mean by "restrictions", in a sense. All accounts are bound to the Terms of Service, and the rest of the features can be found on this wiki article (though it is in need of a bit of a cleanup). ;)

Are full backups available (Database and website)
On free hosting, you can backup your site yourself to your computer, as we offer ways of downloading your files (using FTP) and downloading your whole database (using phpMyAdmin).

Please let me know if you have any further queries. :)

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
  2. Any bandwidth limits?
  3. Site uptime average?
  4. Would it be advisable to run 2 scripts on 1 site (Wordpress & Simple Machines Forum)?
  5. Do X10 ever post ads on a free site?
  6. Is there any restrictions on free accounts?
  7. Are full backups available (Database and website)
#1 - see --> [ http://community.x10hosting.com/thr...-unlimited-disk-quota-learn-more-here.173837/ ]
#2 - no
#3 - my site this month is at 99.9%
#4 - if that is - could you do it - then yes
#5 - no
#6 - yes see --> [ https://www.x10hosting.com/legal/terms-of-service ]
#7 - you can make your own backups of database and Web site files

caftpx10

Reaction score
1 & 2: Not too long ago, there was a restriction put in place for new sites to have 512MB of storage and 1GB of bandwidth, I assume. After 7 days, you can post in the forums for a request to lift that limit to have 1GB of storage and unlimited bandwidth. If you follow the requirements on the sticky regarding "unlimited" storage, you can possibly have "unlimited" storage by posting a thread in this forum requesting it so that a staff member or representative can check if you meet the requirements. So after 7 days of following the ToS, you can have all the bandwidth you need.

3: The uptime is pretty good but *RARELY* can slightly "wobble," but at the end it's worth it.

4: I'm not sure if there would be conflicts or anything like that, good question though.

5: No, X10 will never do that.

6: You are restricted to a few addon and parked domains along with a few FTP accounts, you however must be the only one to have access to FTP as that would be violating the ToS. For a clear list...:
3 Email accounts
2 Addon domains
2 Sub-domains (using Cloudflare will use one up)
1 Parked domain
2 MySQL databases
3 FTP accounts

7: Full backups are only done "automatically" when there is maintenance as the files will have to be transferred along with the database(s).

A X10 representative should know more about this as I'm just a member who has been here for 6 months or so.

EDIT: Looks like the others bet me to it lol.

khdevx12

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies guys.
Will finish up designing my site then see how well x10 performs then hopefully if my site picks up then move onto the premium package since it looks pretty impressive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.