A New Micronation?

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay, don't ask what a micronation is...just google it :) sorry.

Well this is what I am thinking of...it's easy to create one...especially if my 10 year old neighbor can create one in his bedroom....

Well then there are some that exist in a grander extent... http://www.sabotage.at/sos/ with physical land, and statutes and such...

Other than the fact, that If I created a micronation or sovereign state, I would rule...If I choose...but this is where you all come in play...

I am wondering, if http://www.sabotage.at/sos/ and it's leaders, (the nation was only started a couple of years ago)...have made hundreds of thousands of dollars, selling their, "Art Work"...flag/sculptures/passports required if you were to enter, State Of Sabotage, lands or events....couldn't I make hundreds of thousands just like them?

Well anyone think creating a micro-nation as a business oppertunity, is going to be profitable, if I can get people to be a part of this, micronation/sovereign state or "Community?"

It's something that sparks some imagination, on my part, but tell me what you think.

Thanks, every reply you can come up with, is going to be greatly appreciated.

Once again thank you for reading.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a very interesting concept. Then again, I haven't read a thread of yours that isn't at the very least thoroughly interesting :biggrin:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If that was sarcasm, at least it made me smile hehe...If it was just a general comment, glad to hear that you thought it was interesting, I doubt many know what a micronation is.

But then, I guess many people would rather stay in their own, confined world, working, being a part of that rat race, doing something continuously, day after day, never looking for a challenge, instead, striving to gain something they would otherwise, probably stop using a couple a years from now.

Well, I'm developing a plan, to run this Micronation of mine, now, what should the name of it be? That is the question.

(Is it okay, for me to use this thread as an update thread, to what I do?...it still pertains to off topic, so there could be nothing wrong with this thread?)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Definitely not sarcasm! Even if I disagree with your posts, which I have in the past, I like how your topics are at least worth a good minute of thinking.

As for names, I have no idea. I tend to borrow names from other things. :biggrin:

marcus12

Reaction score
Well if you don't pay taxes during a couple of years and then you get caught, my friend you will be screwed. Good luck anyways!

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like the fact that you care for my well being marcus12.

But if there was some un-claimed land, and I did, claim it...it would be bound to no government, except for that which I create...(why would I tax myself?...when money goes to me anyways?)

Ow, but then, I am not going into this that much, it will be a nation of intercontinental citizens. Citizens of current governmental regulations, that do not have a known location, or current, homeland, (Like the jewish people, before the USA choose to make Jerusalem, the homeland of the Jews...I will not go that deep into that discussion).

This nation will hold no authority on taxes, unless, citizens choose to live on the nations, in-bound territory, within an existing government...example, the hotel of (something) which is owned by the organization, (the country name)...it is a complicated matter, but don't worry, we will not be avoiding taxes, (un-less we do find, unclaimed land...to claim...which does not exist, except for parts of Antartica...and some big ice bergs near the north pole.)
Edit:
We have come up with the nations name.

It will be released or made public once we register with the United Micronations Multi-Oceanic Archipelago (UMMOA). That would make us a Micronational Professional Registry (MPR) member.

UMMOA, also grants it's members, land, that will be governed by no nation, but the nation the grant is given to.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
That. Is. AWESOME!

Sign me up for my own country!

Then again, it's kinda scary to think you could be invaded by another country and not have the famous US military to back you up :S