About CNAME and Addon Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

islamis4u

Reaction score
Sorry Im bit naive in this but I want to ask that khan.exofire.net is my domain, can I use cname instead of nameserver for addon domain if yes then what is the cname value and hostname if lets say my domain is: khan.co.cc? and secondly then what will be the difference between cname and nameserver?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Yes, you can use a cname. For cname value you can use your main domain.

Using cname may slow the domain lookup a little, so it may take a little bit longer for the site to come up in the browser, mostly not noticeable though. The reason for this is the browser first have to check the khan.co.cc url for information about where to go, and then it realize it has to check khan.exofire.net as well before being able to take the correct path to the site.

There are other pros and cons I assume, when it comes to ranking, I'd assume it would be better to use the name servers, or even set an A record (enter the server IP) as that would allow for a more direct path.

islamis4u

Reaction score
What is ip address of domain ? khan.exofire.net? and when I enter A record could it point to khan.exofire.net or khan.exofire.net\khan? cause site is in sub folder?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
If you want to set A record then the IP is ---> 69.175.122.178

Status
Not open for further replies.