About Forum Rules

priyaa161

Reaction score
That is interesting. Getting a little off topic for just a minute, just about everybody I have met from India, (quite a few actually), have been fluent in English. Did not realize Indian people were required to learn English in school. Thanks for the culture lesson.

Yes we are required to learn English in School. I don't know how you find me Fluent but I'm very poor in English. Gsonline is fluent in Englsih. I only know English words because it is frequently used in India. Our Hindi is now mixture of English, Hindi, Urdu and Many other languages.

Edit: BTW You are very clever with your words. I can't be so rude while writing so polite. I don't have this skill.

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hindi is not given importance in my own country, English is mandatory but Hindi is Optional in my school (I'm happy because I'm poor in writing in Hindi)

I don't agree with this, We do give preference to Hindi along with English. If your school or some other didn't given the preference doesn't makes it less. It is our national language and we do learn it.

I Agree that some schools (especially private schools) are forcing the students to not to speak any language other than the English in campus. It is bad.

Yes, there can be section for Urdu because there are many countries where it is frequently used, specially Arab Countries and I can understand Urdu as well.

If you have interest in learning then you can learn any language in this world.

First of all you are unable to write in hindi, and as per the school's rule it become optional, taken hindi away from you. If it is mandatory then, Don't you think you would have learned it.

That is interesting. Getting a little off topic for just a minute, just about everybody I have met from India, (quite a few actually), have been fluent in English. Did not realize Indian people were required to learn English in school. Thanks for the culture lesson.

Yes, We do learn it as third language in our schools , First language will be mother tongue as per the state(Our states has been formed on language basis). Second language will be Hindi (National Language) And Third language will be English (International Language)

Just my two cents, If anything wrong then correct me. :)

priyaa161

Reaction score
I don't agree with this, We do give preference to Hindi along with English. If your school or some other didn't given the preference doesn't makes it less. It is our national language and we do learn it.

:O, so you might be knowing very good Hindi. Do one experiment. Try to speak pure Hindi for one Day (No English word should be involved, outside this forum) and test how much you know your language which you've studied as your first language. :smile:

First of all you are unable to write in hindi, and as per the school's rule it become optional, taken hindi away from you. If it is mandatory then, Don't you think you would have learned it.

I'm not an idiot to choose Hindi against Physical Education, which is more like any Sports Period.

Yes, We do learn it as third language in our schools , First language will be mother tongue as per the state(Our states has been formed on language basis). Second language will be Hindi (National Language) And Third language will be English (International Language)

In our state there is no state language so our first language is English and then second is Hindi (optional after 10th) and then Sanskrit/French (Optional after 8th).

I know Hindi to speak much more better than English because I learn from my daily life not from the boring lectures at school.

And then where is the choice in College. Tell me???

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
:O, so you might be knowing very good Hindi. Do one experiment. Try to speak pure Hindi for one Day (No English word should be involved, outside this forum) and test how much you know your language which you've studied as your first language. :smile:

My first Language is Telugu as I am from Andhra Pradesh, But I do know hindi as it is second language. :)

Right now I am in Uttar Pradesh where hindi is main language to communicate. Most of the time I use hindi except with some of my friends which don't know hindi.

I'm not an idiot to choose Hindi against Physical Education, which is more like any Sports Period.

I am not saying that your decision is wrong, Just I told what might be the casue taken away hindi from you. :)

In our state there is no state language so our first language is English and then second is Hindi (optional after 10th) and then Sanskrit/French (Optional after 8th).

I know Hindi to speak much more better than English because I learn from my daily life not from the boring lectures at school.

And then where is the choice in College. Tell me???

As I told it is depends on state rules. :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
To basically sum it up for everyone.

Until we have a staff member that can speak, read, and interpret both English and the other language fully, it's not going to be allowed. Same goes for the website language rule.