About Forum Rules

priyaa161

Reaction score
Can I use another language besides English here in this forum. Only in the case where something is fully related to India and there is no chance for any other from different country to post.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I am fairly sure that you have to post in either English or Spanish in these forums.
Based on the number of active users from India or who speak the native languages of India, perhaps there should be a separate section (like Spanish).

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Can I use another language besides English here in this forum. Only in the case where something is fully related to India and there is no chance for any other from different country to post.

If you talk in english then it will be comfortable to everyone, Each and everyone participate in that to say their opinion.

As per the x10 rules we allow English, French and Spanish. So that we can easily moderate the forums. This is the rule for the hosting too.

If I have to say simply, If you know Spanish then post in Spanish forum or else English in other forums. :)

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
As per the x10 rules we allow English, French and Spanish. So that we can easily moderate the forums. This is the rule for the hosting too.
Just out of curiosity, where would a user place a French language post in the forums? We have English section and Spanish section. No French section. I have no plans to do that, but just wondering....

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, where would a user place a French language post in the forums? We have English section and Spanish section. No French section. I have no plans to do that, but just wondering....

There are not many French users to start a separate section for them.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
There are not many French users to start a separate section for them.

I understand that. Like I said, just curious due to the fact that French is an allowed language in forums. Guess a French language post would go in the English section.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I understand that. Like I said, just curious due to the fact that French is an allowed language in forums. Guess a French language post would go in the English section.
For now take it as we allow Spanish and English.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
For now take it as we allow Spanish and English.

I think there should be a urdu/hindi section. :p

There are a lot of users who speak these two languages.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
That is the point Priyaa161 was making and I am inclined to agree. Apparently French is an acceptable forum language with few, (if any), users desiring to use the language, while there are quite a few active forum users whom might benefit from a Urdu / Hindu section, just like the Spanish section. We would need to have adequate support staff and moderators fluent in those languages, but it appears that that might be possible. It is an interesting idea.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score

Are you going to moderate it forever? extra to your account manager works. Do you?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you going to moderate it forever? extra to your account manager works. Do you?

Sure I will. because Urdu is my mother language, and hindi is very similar to Urdu.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Sure I will. because Urdu is my mother language, and hindi is very similar to Urdu.

It is not exactly point what I am making.

You don't get it

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
It is not exactly point what I am making.

You don't get it

I got it, you want to say that it will be extra work for me. I know that and i can easily manage that ;)

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I got it, you want to say that it will be extra work for me. I know that and i can easily manage that ;)

As I told you, You don't get it. Leave it.

Last edited:

priyaa161

Reaction score
That is the point Priyaa161 was making and I am inclined to agree. Apparently French is an acceptable forum language with few, (if any), users desiring to use the language, while there are quite a few active forum users whom might benefit from a Urdu / Hindu section, just like the Spanish section. We would need to have adequate support staff and moderators fluent in those languages, but it appears that that might be possible. It is an interesting idea.
Carl, I was not making that Point. I know it's not possible. Hindi is not given importance in my own country, then how and why Corey will give importance. English is mandatory but Hindi is Optional in my school (I'm happy because I'm poor in writing in Hindi) but I was only asking whether I'm allowed in certain posts, like it is allowed in programming section.
Yes, there can be section for Urdu because there are many countries where it is frequently used, specially Arab Countries and I can understand Urdu as well.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Carl, I was not making that Point. I know it's not possible. Hindi is not given importance in my own country, then how and why Corey will give importance. English is mandatory but Hindi is Optional in my school (I'm happy because I'm poor in writing in Hindi)
That is interesting. Getting a little off topic for just a minute, just about everybody I have met from India, (quite a few actually), have been fluent in English. Did not realize Indian people were required to learn English in school. Thanks for the culture lesson.

but I was only asking whether I'm allowed in certain posts, like it is allowed in programming section.
Obviously the answer to that question is no. I think we cleared up that question

Yes, there can be section for Urdu because there are many countries where it is frequently used, specially Arab Countries and I can understand Urdu as well.
As Zubair stated, not likely to happen.
But it was a very interesting topic.