About my free web site and game

csideris

Reaction score
How do you find my total web site?
It's completed new now. I finished it 1 hour ago.

www.aphotoquest.com

What about my quiz game? Do you like it?
(it needs silvelight)

thank you

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Lose that Flash clock !

Anything that is inserting 1pixel high iframes is generally up to no good and there is way to much javascript going on for my likeing, just a simple on screen clock I think not.

Otherwise a clean, very presentable site.

The icon graphics are a little confusing... Eraser+PC = IQ test... Would a visitor understand if there was no text to go with the image? As the saying goes ' a picture is worth a thousand words' in any language.

Speaking of pictures, are you a well travelled photographer or have you 'borrowed' the content ?
(free utilities are available to make your own screensavers just ask Google and if you need copyright free photostock go visit MourgueFile.com)

Like the use of the 'dot' - I had to look twice 10.000 free games LOL!

Disliked the fact that I could not click upon the news links.. intentional or a CSS error ?

csideris

Reaction score
Thank you for your comments,

I appreciate your interest.

I am glad that you like the concept of the site.

I want it to be a clean, very high quality web site - soon

I will make changes and improvements.

What is nice to add to the site to have more interest?

Many of the pictures are from morgue files

ps:
The news is just to see a review of top rated news. I disabled the click options
because itgoes out of the site... they don't open in new window....

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Using imported news feeds is a double edged sword, on the one hand it does give your site regular fresh content and the search engines do appear to like that sort of thing. The downside, as you said it's an off site link and you want visitors bouncing around your pages with ads not somebody elses.

So rather than completely block a visitor from exploring those links and as a result never having them visit that page again because it is no good to them, why not use a transparent layer over the news feed that opens the home page of the news source in a new window?