Reaction score
hi...i have a free account on absolute server
for 3 days now i can`t view my site 3-5 times a day for about 30 minutes
why is that ?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Server problems?
There have been threads made ( and various threads discussing ) about the various server issues that have been going on.

lair360

Reaction score
That is why I am sticking with a private server with a powerfull computer + my own hard drive.
However, I must pay for it every year. But, who cares....I can just sit back and leave without worrying!

Lair360

kuarkon

Reaction score
lair360 how can i have my site on my hdd like you?
can you please tell me:D?

And i have read the threads but i don`t think it is normal for my site to be down for 30 minutes or so for so many times in a day...since i have writed the first post my site have been down for another 3 times...:(

lair360

Reaction score
UUhhhmmm...I am not going further with the discussion of: "can i have my site on my hdd like you?" But, here is a hint...

Support them and be kind to them + do some donation!
After that, ask them about.............blah blah blah (End of speech).

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
lair360 how can i have my site on my hdd like you?
can you please tell me:D?

And i have read the threads but i don`t think it is normal for my site to be down for 30 minutes or so for so many times in a day...since i have writed the first post my site have been down for another 3 times...:(

I've set up my website before and hosted it from my home, so I can pretty much help you through that, though unless you have Fiber Optic/DOCSIS 3.0 Cable, it won't take much to hammer your connection. I can hammer just about any connection that I'm on within a heart beat.

hamsn

Reaction score
Absolut is down, for no reason,
no updates in the forums too,
Absolut isn't mentioned at all!

Monster12

Reaction score
I am on Absolute too, but this is first time I m facing such issue. It has affected a lot to me in terms of number of visitors in last few days.

I wish something is done soon to keep the servers stable.

kuarkon

Reaction score
I've set up my website before and hosted it from my home, so I can pretty much help you through that, though unless you have Fiber Optic/DOCSIS 3.0 Cable, it won't take much to hammer your connection. I can hammer just about any connection that I'm on within a heart beat.
there are some tutorials that i can read? in order to not ask you everything just what i don`t understand:D?

michaelk

Reaction score
This is killing me! I've been told so many times that my site is down. Common x10, you can do better than this.

lair360

Reaction score
Well...not my problem and you guys should get a secondary DNS nameserver to keep it alive.
That is what I did!

P.S. Having a secondary DNS is like backing up X10 nameserver. So, when the original server is backup again, the second NS server can rest...

kuarkon

Reaction score
i pray every time i try to enter on my site to work :D
Can an admin tell us if there is a problem with absolute server?
If we know something is better then just pray to work and be online:D

Reaction score
So you're saying you have your files hosted twice and when one place isn't working the second place takes over?

If that's the case quite a good idea.

An admin isn't likely to reply here unfortunately. They're extremely busy behind the scenes.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited:

Monster12

Reaction score
well I dont get enough time to keep a check of when its down, but i can see the effect in the number of hits my blog is recieving these days.

And my google account also displays sitemap errors due to site being down, too much these days.

kuarkon

Reaction score
hi...i have read and have signup for a free dns service.
can someone help me now please set up my pc and the service to work?

lair360

Reaction score
hi...i have read and have signup for a free dns service.
can someone help me now please set up my pc and the service to work?

First of all, what service company are you with and what type of DNS services are they providing??

You will need to explain this question before I can help you. Without it, I don't know where to assist...