Absolute server

kuarkon

Reaction score
Hi...dose someone knows if the absolute server is working?... i can`t enter my site for almost a day now:-(...the only thing that i can do is enter the cpanel...

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
HTTPd and FTP are both down. They were up briefly yesterday, but it is still quite frustrating.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Its been on and off for a while now. I can't get my site either. any ideas when this will stabilise?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Absolut was up and down all day yesterday, but it's back today.

kuarkon

Reaction score
x10hosting is the best service....from my point of view...it just that they have some problems now with one server...problems ocure every time...just because your site isn`t working for a wail it dosn`t deserv to change your host...you can change but i tell you for sure that even that host will have some problems, many of them have probles with javascript and your site will be filled with bugs

form my point of view x10 rulz

and my site is back online now :D...

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Not for me it isn't, mine is still very definitely down.

cosmocrazy

Reaction score
It's been more than a "few hours" now....and I'm still getting a 404. FTP doesn't work either. I was making a habit of recommending x10 to my friends as the best free host, but this downtime isn't very tolerable.

kuarkon

Reaction score
my site is still down...i ques we just have to wait until is back online again:D...is frustrating for me to...but i`m sure x10 is the best...at every problem we have to wait until it`s resolved ;)

Please x10 do the best to bring your servers back online

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Absolut isn't very happy right now... *pulls out sledge hammer*

goldblue

Reaction score
Hold on guys ... am sure the server will be up and running soon ... cheer up

nchgaming

Reaction score
:bowhs: Bye! :wavey:

That was rude.

Besides.... as a member of x10 Staff, don't you think it would be more professional, and more productive to have answered the obvious concerns, than make an unnecessary reply.

I wouldn't normally even acknowledge this, but I find it highly insulting... and it makes you look like an ass.

I'm LOOKING for status on the Absolut server... not looking for rude remarks from SO CALLED Staff! Instead of being an ass.... do something productive AND LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That was rude.

Besides.... as a member of x10 Staff, don't you think it would be more professional, and more productive to have answered the obvious concerns, than make an unnecessary reply.

I wouldn't normally even acknowledge this, but I find it highly insulting... and it makes you look like an ass.

I'm LOOKING for status on the Absolut server... not looking for rude remarks from SO CALLED Staff! Instead of being an ass.... do something productive AND LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!

Outdated topic, but here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/28666-if-you-dont-like-leave.html

As for Russ's reply, while blunt, I don't get the main problem with it. Seen tons of other hosts with the same response - if you really don't like it that much, no one's asking you to stay, and x10's made it easier than some hosts to do a full backup of site and database.

Frankly what's probably killing absolut is either an overload of accounts or a rogue few users hogging all the resources (seems to be the cause in the past). One less account sure isn't going to hurt anything.

In the mean time, I'll sit happy on Artic, which is happy and stable (probably cause no one's going to pay for a service then promptly abuse it until it dies).

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
This wasn't a thread asking for a reason, it was complaining. We see enough of this too, We don't get the posts when everything is going smoothly, only when something is acting up. The main reason it does this, is because when we upgrade something, it don't fall into place due to the amount of accounts it affects, and there was a time where we'd install modules when users requested them.. We still do from time to time, but not as often, So usually when we do an upgrade, its more than apache, and php, it usually involves tons of modules we have to re-add that only a handful of users use. It also falls to cPanel, because the methods it produces to do something, like when we suspend accounts, it takes up to 30 seconds to sometimes 1 minute to actually suspend an account, terminating accounts is just as bad if not worst. Honestly, you won't find another host as flexible when it comes to that, and most others would give the same response I did. It will get better, we are aware of the issues and are working to correct them. Please be patient, I am sure you'll once again enjoy the services we offer here at x10Hosting. :)

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
And keep in mind that the service is free. There are more free accounts than paid. And we staff do the work on our free time as volunteers.

Try to find any free hosting service with 10k+ users that has no issues at all. You won't find it.

intertec

Reaction score
Guys, this is ridiculous. I am disgusted by the way you guys are treating x10. I was privileged to be part of a staff member and abused the system. I had a privilege and i ruined it. You guys have the privilege to be part of this wonderful community and you are complaining about the service. This service is great. What if the servers go down, you think that will never happen? The servers are going down because people are abusing the system. Instead of complaining be supportive. I was a staff and when someone complained that hurt real bad. The staff are all volunteers. They are not getting paid, they are not getting anything that you guys don't have. So cut them some slack!

kuarkon

Reaction score
dose an administrator of x10hosting knows when absolute server will be back online and running :D ?...it have passed a really good time since my site was working...

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd like to know a rough guess-or even what is going on? (Not complaining).

You guys at admin and management do a great job of managing us lot. :D

dbojan

Reaction score
Guys come on, i said here a couple of times that x10 is the best free host on the planet. I still think the same, but this absolut server is killing me. The best solution for me would be to move to some other x10 server, but i beleive thats not possible.

I understand that x10 has users that are abusing the system, that they try to remove them. There was a topic in january with users asking about absolut server which was down for a lot of time than like these days. But there was a guy that explained us what was going on and told us to wait and it will be better. It was better for some time.

You need to understand me, if my site is down for a lot time i feel i need something to do something about it. I registrated my self at host-tracker on 17th april and was tracking up time of the server and from that time my site is up only 33,64% of the time.
25518086.png

@Russ i know you think that i'm just one guy and x10 can live normally without me, yes that's true. But this is internet, this topic was read by 184 users by now. Showing users how you react to some one that complains about the service is a bad thing.

Last edited: