Access denied on all MySql DBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

blooski

Reaction score
I have three applications, one Drupal, one Joomla, and one TikiWiki. All three are erroring out on denied access to their corresponding MySql databases. My Account status shows everything is OK, and if I do a CheckDB it comes back OK. What's going on?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I have three applications, one Drupal, one Joomla, and one TikiWiki. All three are erroring out on denied access to their corresponding MySql databases. My Account status shows everything is OK, and if I do a CheckDB it comes back OK. What's going on?

What database settings you are using
database host
database name
database username

Did you given the all the privileges to the corresponding user?

blooski

Reaction score
There are actually 3 databases. One, for example, is blooski_drpl1 with a username the same. All users for all database have 'All Privileges'.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
There are actually 3 databases. One, for example, is blooski_drpl1 with a username the same. All users for all database have 'All Privileges'.

And the database host is localhost ?

Then
try to re-assign all the privileges to the user again and check your site.

blooski

Reaction score
I don't remember how to find the host name. Where do I look for that?

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
The host name is localhost

blooski

Reaction score
I took all privileges away from blooski_drpl1 (which made it go away) and readded it with All privileges. I still get: The mysql error was: Access denied for user 'blooski_drpl1'@'10.33.248.82' (using password: YES).

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I took all privileges away from blooski_drpl1 (which made it go away) and readded it with All privileges. I still get: The mysql error was: Access denied for user 'blooski_drpl1'@'10.33.248.82' (using password: YES).

Can you provide us the link to the pages.

The database settings will be there in the settings.php for drupal.

blooski

Reaction score
This is the web address:

http://thetabus.x10hosting.com/abf/

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

I don't know if you can actually get to it from there, but here is the line from the settings.php file:

Last edited by a moderator:

blooski

Reaction score
So, still no reason or solution?

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

I am wondering if there were any changes to the MySql servers that could be causing these errors?

---------- Post added 01-01-2011 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-31-2010 at 08:33 PM ----------

btw, I can access the DBs from phpMyAdmin.

blooski

Reaction score
OK, it looks like nobody as any idea why I am getting denied access to my 3 mySql dbs. It appears the WHY is mysterious and beyond the technical capability of anyone to figure out. So, let's move on. How can I repair the situation so that I once again gain access to the dbs. One in in Drupal, one is in Joomla, and one is in TikiWiki. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

OK, it looks like nobody as any idea why I am getting denied access to my 3 mySql dbs. It appears the WHY is mysterious and beyond the technical capability of anyone to figure out. So, let's move on. How can I repair the situation so that I once again gain access to the dbs. One in in Drupal, one is in Joomla, and one is in TikiWiki. Any ideas?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the user totally, recreating it (with the same password), and then adding it back with ALL PRIVILEGES?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have sorted your database problems.

blooski

Reaction score
Yes, see above.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Anna, just saw your post. Yeah! It works. What was wrong, and what did you do?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
there was a misconfiguration with the remote mysql (mysql server and the server that actually shows your pages are separate from the one your cpanel is on so remote mysql has to be allowed) I sorted the IPs in that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.