Account deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgpserv

Reaction score
Hi there! I would just like this account deleted, since on my other account, tgp1994, I would like to set the email to the one currently on this account. I do not plan on using this one anymore, so if you would please delete it, along with the associated forum account, that would be great.

Thanks!

~Glen

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
If you would like to delete your Free Hosting account, please provide the following information.
A community support representative will then tend to your request as soon as possible.
Please note that we are unable to delete forum accounts.
Provide the following information, inserting your cPanel username and the "X" where indicated.

Account Deletion Request - Please delete my free hosting account.

cPanel username:

( ) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

tgpserv

Reaction score
It seems like the only account associated with the email is this forum account. So how can I get my forum account deleted?

Heh, whoops, there you go. THIS is the account I would like deleted, tgpserv.

And I don't really see what's wrong with getting this forum account deleted.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Please provide the following information, inserting your cPanel username and the "X" where indicated.

Account Deletion Request - Please delete my free hosting account.

cPanel username:

( ) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

We must have this information before we can delete your account.

Last edited:

tgpserv

Reaction score
cPanel username: tgp1994 (a t) gmail(d o t)com

(X) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
To get your account 'tgp1994' deleted, please login using the forum account 'tgp1994' (associated with that hosting account) and post that confirmation.

And I think we don't delete forum accounts because there may be some useful information posted by a certain user that shouldn't be deleted.

Last edited:

tgpserv

Reaction score
To get your account 'tgp1994' deleted, please login using the forum account 'tgp1994' (associated with that hosting account) and post that confirmation.

And I think we don't delete forum accounts because there may be some useful information posted by a certain user that shouldn't be deleted.

No no no, I want this forum account deleted, tgpserv. And I can guarantee you, I haven't posted anything useful or important on this account :) I was just giving you the current email for this account.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
We don't delete forum accounts..

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Why not? What could you possibly have to loose by deleting this account?

We do not delete forum accounts. Plus deleting a forum account takes quite a lot of work..

tgpserv

Reaction score
We do not delete forum accounts.
That still isn't a good enough reason for me.

Derek said:
Plus deleting a forum account takes quite a lot of work..

I seem to recall it being simple as searching the user's username in the Admin CP, then hitting delete. Probably burned, like, what, 3 calories doing that?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
This applies equally to everyone on the forum. A simple search on the forums reveals many threads in which we give the same answer for everyone. The forum accounts are not deleted. Simply delete any personal info from your forum profile.

If it's the email issue, it's possible to just change it or swap accounts in your account panel.

Last edited:

tgpserv

Reaction score
This applies equally to everyone on the forum. A simple search on the forums reveals many threads in which we give the same answer for everyone. The accounts are not deleted. Simply delete any personal info from your forum profile.

Well... I guess if it's that much of a bother...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason why is much more complex than erasing you from vbulletin - you have to be erased from all the custom systems that x10 has built to make running the service easier. The other downside is erasing records from a large database tends to cause overhead, which would KILL a big service like x10.

So again, no, the forum account cannot be deleted.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
The continued arguing about this is not going to change anything. We are not going to delete your forum account. If you wish to have your free hosting account deleted login to the forum using the username associated with the free hosting account you wish to delete, (you have not done that yet), and then post the information we asked for in two previous posts in this thread. Simple as that.

tgpserv

Reaction score
The reason why is much more complex than erasing you from vbulletin - you have to be erased from all the custom systems that x10 has built to make running the service easier. The other downside is erasing records from a large database tends to cause overhead, which would KILL a big service like x10.

So again, no, the forum account cannot be deleted.

Hmm... Now, I may not be a professional in database-backend-type stuff, but I can tell that that looks like a major problem that should probably be looked into... I mean, ya, you guys are doing fine with the registration system, so I don't see how a deletion system could make things any worse.

tgpserv

Reaction score
Another problem

Well, I have another problem. Updating the email doesn't work. It will still recognize me on my old email, and send emails to that old email.

Oh, if you still need that information, I believe I've already posted it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.