Account suspended for chat script

hcrtslrc

Reaction score
Hi there. I've had a simple chat script on my site that my family uses to talk on. Now my account's been suspended because it's against the terms of service. However, I've heard that I can have a chat script if it doesn't use up the server's resources. Could you unsuspend my account and let me re-code my script to not use the server's resources so much? Before it was refreshing the chat window at about 1kb per second per chat user (at most 3 or 4 users). Is that too much?

I'm happy turning my chat into a little forum where there is no constant refreshing and only when the user comes back it refreshes.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unsuspending shortly, give it a few moments to take.

I got a clarification on the TOS wording, the ones using MySQL aren't allowed - yours is using flat-files (no database) and should be fine actually.

Last edited:

hcrtslrc

Reaction score
Unsuspending shortly, give it a few moments to take.

I got a clarification on the TOS wording, the ones using MySQL aren't allowed - yours is using flat-files (no database) and should be fine actually.

Yay, thanks!

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hoorah!... digs out flat file chat script

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Fair warning, it MAY still trip high resource usage.

But it won't be permanent because it doesn't cause the MySQL server to drag horribly and slow down -everything- :)