Account suspended for excess data use

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshdj

Reaction score
My account was temporarily suspended for over use of data, etc. I followed the steps to unsuspend it but it said I only had two more warnings before termination. I completely understand how vulnerable the system is to that, but my question is how can I still work on my site without having to use so much CPU? (My internet connection is slow, and I'm having to refresh the pages multiple times. I've also been getting some 504 errors now and again, but when I refresh the page shortly afterward, nothing appears to be wrong.

My apologies to the administrators for this, but I just want to clarify how I can go about setting up and using my site without my account being terminated unexpectedly. Should I wait 20 seconds before refreshing or going to a new page? Should I not install many plugins on my WordPress site?

My site is http://thevaultonline.x10hosting.com, and I currently have installed BuddyPress and WordPress MU on it. Is it taking up too much CPU?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Plugins can often be a cause of these issues. Especially plugins that provide cache functionality.

Might help to give it a few seconds between refreshing the pages.

On a note though, the account is not automatically terminated if you hit third warning. That just means that you need to submit a support request to get a staff member to unsuspend your account. And of course it means you need to look into the cause and resolve it.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Also wordpress is known for using insane amounts of cpu. I don't use it but from nearly every post that I've seen people always seem to suggest using super cache for it.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-cache/

Cache plugins are usually the cause of suspension with Wordpress. Even though they are supposed to make the website faster, it consumes lots of CPU, which isn't friendly for free hosting.

daggius

Reaction score
Cache plugins are usually the cause of suspension with Wordpress. Even though they are supposed to make the website faster, it consumes lots of CPU, which isn't friendly for free hosting.

so what should I do then?

I use wordpress too and my account just got suspended for the second time

i hit unsuspend 2 hours ago and its still down now

Last edited:

frenchcelt

Reaction score
Same problem here,
I got my account for 2 days and it is already suspended. It's a little wordpress blog and i just switched on the supercache yesterday ... 20 hours ago. I'll switch it off asap in the hope my account isn't suspended again untill that.
I don't understand, wordpress is known to be the best blog engine but i knew troubles everywhere with it and it's really really slow, i'll take back my old dotclear, unstable or give up.
Thanks anyway to x10hosting, i was niced to find a so good free hosting community.
Celt

ericzqma

Reaction score
My site (http://blog.zhiqiangma.info) was suspended several hours ago and I unsuspended it by myself. The reason is that my site use too much CPU. After that installed the wp super cache and the site seems running faster.
I feel that the MySQL server is heavily used because some time the application server give me a error that it can not connect to the DB server.
So my question is whether should I use wp super cache in WordPress on x10hosing? Some one says we should not use it. But after using it, my site is faster. I am quite confused.

daggius

Reaction score
i have the same error and its elligible for automatic unsuspension

yet i submitted 12 hours ago and its still suspended

anyone know how to get past this and get unsuspended right away???

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

daggius

Reaction score
ughh

almost 24 hours now my site has been suspended

its supposed to automaticlally unsuspend

lachytv

Reaction score
What Plugins are you guys using? I had a wordpress blog hosted here until some of the free servers had all those damn problems when c pannel was upgraded a few days ago.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Ok heres some information to help those of you who use wordpress.
1. Use as few plugins as possable as these are big cpu hogs
2. Don't use cache plugins period. These may make your site faster to you but they make the server create your site all at once and then store it which takes a lot of cpu.
3. Try to keep the multimedia to a minimum. If you need to stream music or video go paid and save the cpu on the free servers for basic sites.
4. If you can dont refresh very often and dont go through page after page very quckly.
5. If your problems persist first look for help on the net and here at the forums and then create a thread and we would be happy to assist you.
6. Don't worry your account will not be terminated after three suspensions you will just have to create a support thread and have an admin help you to fix the problem.

Hope this helps,
Wiivsps3

Status
Not open for further replies.