Account suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

rqwsam

Reaction score
Hi

I have a link to a page of my site hosted on x10 and clicking it this morning results in a message complaining the following:

"Your account has been suspended by x10Hosting's administration. More information regarding this may be viewed under the account management system on x10Hosting.com."

I try logging in but it tells me a fatal error has occurred, "error code: unknown". It can't be a problem with my login details as I managed to get onto this forum to post this.

I do notice that when I type my password that each character that is typed is shown by a small square with a question mark in it (can't find the unicode for it). I don't remember if it was like that before today, I usually login straight to cPanel using the :2082 suffix. I've also tried loggin in that way and I get "Login attempt failed".

I have no idea why this is doing this. I don't mind saying that all I've created is a very basic mySQL interface and a few other webpages, and only one of those pages has been seen by someone other than me and that was uploaded yesterday - that just contains html and javascript to format said html.

I notice that others have had a similar problem with logging in. I don't see anything about account suspension so It makes sense to me to post the whole issue.

Help?

Much appreciated,

Sam

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello

Your account were suspended for inactivity. To avoid that you need to login to the forums (here) at least once every two weeks. It is recommended to spend a few minutes checking "News and Announcements" as well as "Services Alerts" while you are here. Also note that it may take the system a couple minutes to actually log your visit, especially if you have the forum set to remember you each time.

I have unsuspended you. Normally you'd be able to do that from your account panel.

As for the problem of not being able to login to account panel, we'll have to investigate that a little more.

rqwsam

Reaction score
Thank you for unsuspending me. I think that may have been the problem with logging into cPanel as well as it works now.

Now that you mention the once-per-two-weeks rule I think I can now remember reading that I should do that. I'm not sure how much of "I just wanted to get going with my site that I forgot about that rule" I can get away with but that's the only reason I can think of. I'll be sure to login and have a proper look around this forum from now on.

Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.