Account Suspension

foolsandkings

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to all this and I am currently finding it to be a very good service. Like many others (I'm sure) I fell foul to the inactivity ban.

I understand what its about and why you do it ... but would it be possible to get an email telling us that we had say 2 days left to log in or the account will be suspended.

I left my last host because the site just kept going down with no reason and I'm hoping it doesn't keep happening.

I was locked out yesterday for inactivity (1st time), got the account back online, visited the forums last night and now this morning its suspended again.

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for any help in this matter

Fishman

shafadevecha

Reaction score
Hi,

I went into this problem many times.. May be you have left the account idle for more than a week or so.
Dont worry it will be back within two to three days. One thing is its free so you got to take care of it.

Regarding the email which you mentioned you want to remind you. Its really not possible.

Just remember you visit the forums once every week, Just for our own account. This way you will visit the forums once every fortnight.

Well i was trying just to provide you some help.. for now just wait till your account comes back.

Sterlope

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to all this and I am currently finding it to be a very good service. Like many others (I'm sure) I fell foul to the inactivity ban.

I understand what its about and why you do it ... but would it be possible to get an email telling us that we had say 2 days left to log in or the account will be suspended.

I left my last host because the site just kept going down with no reason and I'm hoping it doesn't keep happening.

I was locked out yesterday for inactivity (1st time), got the account back online, visited the forums last night and now this morning its suspended again.

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for any help in this matter

Fishman

Logging into account panel and unsuspending the account does not reset the counter, only forum logins do. You should always login to the forums right after you unsuspended the account (visiting just prior to unsuspension is requested should work as well)

If you wait too long before visiting the forum it is possible the "inactivity checker" script picks your account up as inactive again as it would still count the forum visit you did more then two weeks ago as the last visit.

sumit007

Reaction score
my account is suspended automatically. i am having problem. please solve it and activate my account.
my suspension id is A63529C6D672

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

palomainf

Reaction score
I've been suspended too. :rant2:
I hope a little email warning about the future suspension.
Best regards

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I've been suspended too. :rant2:
I hope a little email warning about the future suspension.
Best regards

There has been discussion in the past regarding an email notification before being suspended for inactivity. I'm not sure how the plans are going now, but the idea was brought up before and has been considered.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
there's some aspects of an e-mail warning that defeats the purpose of the login requirement.

Say you get an e-mail saying you're account is about to be suspended if you don't visit the forum within 24 hours. You really don't care any more about your site, but you'd probably still click the link, most of us would I think. Now once you clicked the link and popped open the forum perhaps you browse about a bit and then close the page giving it no more thought.

In that scenario, the account that is no longer attended as the owner really don't care would stay active for a long time to no real use. Now one account doesn't make a huge impact, but if a 1000 users do the same every day, clicks the link just because it is there without really caring about the account, we'd end up with quiet a few unattended/unwanted accounts after a while, which would contradict the purpose of requiring user to login to the forums to keep the account active.

I can understand everyone that wants the warning mail, as I know how easy it is to sort of get preoccupied with something and simply forget that two weeks has passed.

These are just my personal thoughts. I don't have details on what is going to happen with e-mail reminders but I know they've been up for discussion.

foolsandkings

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time out to reply guys.

I understand all points of view, and with that I try to log in most days.

Here's to no more Account Suspensions

Cheers

jvuorisa

Reaction score
Could it account suspension be changed so that when you log into account panel and make some changes to your pages that would reset the counter - I think that's activity.
And why the account suspension happens so quickly, I would prefer e.g. 3-6 months and before that you should get info to your mailbox - week (?) is totally too short time :(

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Could it account suspension be changed so that when you log into account panel and make some changes to your pages that would reset the counter - I think that's activity.
And why the account suspension happens so quickly, I would prefer e.g. 3-6 months and before that you should get info to your mailbox - week (?) is totally too short time :(
One of the main reasons to require you to visit the forum at least once every two weeks to keep your account active is to ensure you get updated on what is going on.
Like upcoming changes/maintenance to server that can/will cause some downtime as well as information about any issues that might arise causing an unplanned emergency maintenance.

scottnj

Reaction score

The requirement is that you log into the forums at least once every two weeks. As earlier stated, sometimes it is easy to lose track of time. In that case, you should either spend the three dollars and not worry about it, or use the Windows Task Scheduler on your computer to set a reminder/open up the forums every week or so. Just don't forget to actually log in to the forums rather than being a guest.